First Walmart walk complete

This is a discussion on First Walmart walk complete within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got home from first time cc. Wife went to Wal Mart with me and just watched to let me know if I was acting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First Walmart walk complete

First Walmart walk complete

Just got home from first time cc. Wife went to Wal Mart with me and just watched to let me know if I was acting different. She knows me better than anybody so she would know. She says at first i seemed nervous but by the time we left she forgot that I was carrying. I need to watch my hands because I couldnt keep from checking to make sure my shirt wasnt up. Hopefully over time this will be a non issue. Over all a good experiance.
    AZ Hawk, JoJoGunn and nerdyvirgin like this.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!

GM
    Do not worry, you will get used to carry a firearm. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Great feeling isn't it? Stay safe and work on getting the Mrs. to join you!! I never thought mine would, but she does and we both feel better about it!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

VIP Member
    Congrats on the WW walk. In time you'll get used to carrying and won't even think about it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

OK.... now, who's showing him the handshake ? Good job.

Ignore that constant urge at first to check your cover garment ...... or shirt. Or, learn how to do it very discreetely.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    The hand checking is a huge tell. I check once when I get out of my car or if i stand up from sitting. After that you gotta leave it alone. :)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

welcome to the club. Just like everyone will tell you, the feeling of checking on your gun or having thoughts that everyone is looking at you will go away. no one really is paying attention. I was with my brother and we were playing a dancing game and I took of my shirt, totally forgetting that I even had my XD40 on my hip. he was sitting right at my strong side, inches to my gun, in plain view, while I was standing and he had no clue I had it on till i mentioned how I was jumping around with it on my hip. so if you have a great holster and belt, you will be golden
    “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”

Mark Overby

Congrats on the walk! You will get more and more comfortable over time until it becomes second nature, then you will feel "naked" when you are not carrying! As others have said, concentrate on NOT constantly checking your handgun. Check when you first get up or out of the car, etc., then keep you hand away from it unless you have to draw.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Many times I have my cell phone next to my EDC, the phone prints more then the EDC, and totally camouflages the EDC. If I am seen checking, it looks like I am checking the phone. Hopefully when the Gov. here in Fl. signs SB-234 I won't be as concerned if it prints accidentally.

And congratulations or your WWW. As others have stated, soon you will feel strange IF you Don't have it with you.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    AMEN to that "rcsnpr", waiting for Gov. Rick Scott to sign all 3 PRO 2a bills on his desk. Kinda sorry we lost the open carry part of the bill, but thankful for the rest.
    Congrats to "mjblat" on his first armed wally world dance.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good times! I am already finding that I completely forget about my little .38 in my pocket holster, but I have a tough time keeping myself from adjusting and checking mirrors and windows to see if it's obvious looking.

Congrats! It will soon become about as noticeable as your wrist watch!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    As you become less self-conscious about CC-ing, your demeanor and how you react to/treat people will/should also change a bit. If you're in anyway like me, things that used to bother or frustrate you probably won't anymore. I am now much more friendlier, tolerant, relaxed and patient (or at least I appear to be) than I was when I was unarmed. You will find that this is a natural progression/process to CC-ing. However, that's not to say that I'm less aware of my surroundings, etc.

welcome to the club! Stay safe and always carry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links