Happy Dance

Happy Dance

This is a discussion on Happy Dance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I've been waiting for my SC CWP to arrive since mid February. I called SLED just a moment ago to try and figure something ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Dance

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Happy Dance

So, I've been waiting for my SC CWP to arrive since mid February. I called SLED just a moment ago to try and figure something out. Either a verbal ****-off from them, or something. Anything. (Not to mention that I'm waiting to see some type of something for the $250 I'm in it for.)

I ask the lady if there was some information she could give me about it, and she told me that it was cut on the 13th, so you should be seeing it any time now. Hell YES! FINALLY!

I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably start checking the mail twice a day now. I'll update as soon as it gets here.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Congrats. Patience is a virtue, but the wait sure can be frustrating....
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

It's like holding your breath, you only have to hold it for 20 minutes sir!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    SC is slow. As I recall, they drug their feet for 5 months with mine.

Wow. 5 months? That's ridiculous. And also long enough that I would have made a trip to SLED headquarters... ( I was already thinking about it)

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

GM
    Congrats! Waiting is the hardest part!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on the new permit but WOW, that is a LONG time to have to wait!!Is that normal, or just a "glitch" in your case?
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Bit of a glitch; My DL address wasn't updated, so I had to call and verify my current address. After updating my license and waiting a week after mailing a copy.... it was a headache. But, it's fixed now. It's just waiting for them and the USPS to get together and get it to me.

But, it can generally take 'up to 90 days' to get the background check complete. They say on the SLED website that they legally have to send you some form of notification within the 90 day period whether it's your permit or a letter telling you that you can't have one.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Congrats!

I just applied for my Permit to Carry on the 18th & I sure am glad that Minnesota's law dictates that they have 30 days to respond. If they don't, they must rubber-stamp you as a permit holder.

Be safe, & happy carrying!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

My foot, S.L.E.D.'s a**.

Got a LETTER from them telling me that 'the current application on file does not have your original signature'. Now, I have as much respect for any government agency as the next guy. But this is getting ridiculous. After being told that my permit was on it's way (as of the 13th), I get a letter postmarked on the 19th telling me that it's been denied for BS reasons? Not really feeling this. So, I call them Friday afternoon. Get run around a bit, and nothing really comes of it.

Called them just a few minutes ago, and have to argue with the lady a little bit to tell convince her that they have the copy that I signed. That I kept the photocopy. She is 'having her supervisor look at it' and that she or her supervisor might need to call me back.

I am SO ready to drive to Columbia and raise hell. A lot of it.

FINALLY!!!!! Everything has been sorted, and my permit is HERE! In my hand! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now FIRMLY attaching one of my handguns in an IWB holster to my person.

So, got my permit yesterday. Didn't do much after that except go to the store for a few things for dinner. Made my fiancee go with me to make sure I didn't print, or act strangely. And, she wasn't any help with that at all. She wouldn't walk behind me enough to see anything useful. When we left, I asked her whether I was showing or if I had done anything strange, and she said "I don't know".
    So... yeah. I don't know what to do about it. She's not any help there. But, I didn't feel obvious (even though I made one of my holsters work IWB that wasn't necessarily designed for that- I wanted my first trip out to be with my .45). Since, I've figured out a way to make it work to carry my .45 AND my .357 IWB at the same time. Not uncomfortable, just strange.

Hey, congrats on finally getting your permit. The more you carry the more comfortable you'll feel. Just remember to refrain from constantly pulling up your pants, patting your gun, tugging at your shirt, etc. Check when you get up/get out of the car/truck, then leave it alone! Constantly fiddling with it will give you away. Most people other than other carriers won't notice and are oblivious unless you do something to draw attention to yourself.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Sorry you had so many hassles. I moved during the waiting process and had to call SLED to change my address on my application. They were very helpful and it was much easier than I anticipated. A tleast you have it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links