Got "outed" for the first time!

This is a discussion on Got "outed" for the first time! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was at Home Depot and while getting help from an employee, I was hunched way over looking for brackets while he was on a ladder ...

Thread: Got "outed" for the first time!

Was at Home Depot and while getting help from an employee, I was hunched way over looking for brackets while he was on a ladder looking as well. Came the question "What do you do for a living?" I knew the second question before I even answered "I'm a teacher". "Why do you carry a gun?" I said "because I can." forgetting all the clever responses like "because a cop is too heavy". He was cool and I apologized for revealing my PPK by accident. He then told me he does leather work for Richie Leather in the Buffalo area and the owner "Skip" worked for years with Lou Alessi. Conversation continued about getting a permit, wait time, etc. and in the end, I'll be going to Ritchie leather to get some custom work done.
    So here's the link and I hope to do some business with some very nice and knowledgeable guys.

Ritchie Leather Co., Inc: Amherst, NY

JIm

Good show.

Could have had some fun with "unruly students" as the answer to the second question...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Its hard to be a teacher now and days LOL
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    Humility will open more doors to opportunity than will arrogance. You are a special kind of teacher.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links