Summer carry issue

This is a discussion on Summer carry issue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry using a belly band and don't want to have the grip of my Glock against my bare skin so I always wear a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zacii

Thread: Summer carry issue

Summer carry issue

I carry using a belly band and don't want to have the grip of my Glock against my bare skin so I always wear a t-shirt under whatever shirt I have on. I am running into issues during the long and hot Georgia summers where I just want to wear shorts and a t-shirt. I am wondering if there is something like a body band or "tube-top" kind of item I can wear under the belly band and have it come up far enough above my waist that the grip won't be on my skin. I know it would be a bit extra around the waist but at least it would not be all under the shirt like a t-shirt. Does this make sense?
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

2. Remove Ads

They make a t-shirt with a bellyband type holster made into it. A clip style IWB holster works well for me in the summer with shorts and a t-shirt. I carry anything from a small revolver to a 1911 and no one can tell.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

You mean something like a girdle?

Sent from my phone
    bwalker25 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    You mean something like a girdle?

Sent from my phone
    What's a girdle?
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

How 'bout a so-called "wife-beater" shirt?
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Quote Originally Posted by bameroni View Post
    What's a girdle?

girdles

I really wanted to post a picture, but I don't want to get an infraction
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I wear a 'wife beater' under a T-shirt with an IWB holster...never a problem in the FL heat.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My standard everyday. Athletic undershirt (wife Beater) with an overshirt. I wear suspenders so this has to be the standard. Colored T-shirt or sweat shirt over it around the house and "polo shirt" in town.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wear a 'wife beater' under a T-shirt with an IWB holster...never a problem in the FL heat.
    I do the same thing every day in the summer here in WV, where believe it or not it gets crazy hot in the summer, especially in town (town is always way hotter than the woods or mountains.)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm overweight, so I'd probably have a few issues with that.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippys View Post
    How 'bout a so-called "wife-beater" shirt?
    That's what I wear when I carry my Glock 19 or 23 RTF2. The RTF grip is pretty abrasive against my tender skin.
    Proud NRA member

I am going to get a package of these "wife-beater" undershirts when I go to Walmart tomorrow. I looked them up on their website and they look thin enough and have the elasticity that may make it work under a t-shirt or polo. I'm fairly slim - 6 feet tall and about 160, so I'll look at a medium and large size. My thanks to everyone who offered a solution.

Distinguished Member
    Good luck. Summer carry can be challenging at best. I am using a few bowling words while getting dressed these days.

Those magazines get really annoying, somehow I can get the gun down pat but then that extra mag puts me over the edge of fashionable vs dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Good luck. Summer carry can be challenging at best. I am using a few bowling words while getting dressed these days.

Those magazines get really annoying, somehow I can get the gun down pat but then that extra mag puts me over the edge of fashionable vs dowdy.
    The extra mag takes getting used to. I seem to have a bit better comfort and concealment using an extra mag with my SmartCarry - I wear it so the firearm is in about the 3:30 position as the traditional way was maddening for me. Also my belly bands I got from glockstore.com have been OK with the extra mag. I recently got a Glock 19 so I'm pretty comfy going out most places without an extra mag now.

Links