Overweight? Skip The Gym And Buy a Gun

This is a discussion on Overweight? Skip The Gym And Buy a Gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is not my opinion. Rather, it is from no less an authority than Thomas Jefferson. The following quote may be helpful as a health ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By dukalmighty
  • 3 Post By WHEC724
  • 2 Post By SIXTO

Thread: Overweight? Skip The Gym And Buy a Gun

This is not my opinion. Rather, it is from no less an authority than Thomas Jefferson. The following quote may be helpful as a health tip, and also, by the way, for all of the "antis" that say the founding fathers did not intend the citizens to have the right to keep and bear arms, well...judge for yourself. Oh, and unless you are in an open carry state, you will need your concealed carry permit for "those walks." Have a nice day.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."

Read more: Thomas Jefferson Quotes - BrainyQuote
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Heres my take,buy a gun and shoot enough so that you can't afford to buy food,at least junk food
    WHEC724, enk5 and brylow like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In today's vernacular Thomas Jefferson would be called a health nut. As the first sentence in this quote sates, "A strong body makes the mind strong". He was an advocate of health eating and living. But, I don't see a connection between this quotation and "Overweight? Skip the Gym and Buy a Gun." He would not abide of being overweight and his long walks were his Gym.

I'm not seeing the connection
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Or start carrying AIWB. You will quickly learn to despise any gut-flap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm not seeing the connection
    Me neither, but that's never stopped me from replying before...
    red13, bps3040 and TN_Mike like this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I'll have to start putting my extra mags in hard to reach areas.

Blam-blam-blam-blam (to 18) - mag release - reach over my shoulder for mag #2 - slap, slide release - blam-blam-blam... - mag release - reach behind thigh for mag # 3 - slap, slide release - blam-blam-blam...

Now I just need to come up with some creative mounts for my extra mag holders!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I've shot my junk food budget more than once at the range, so to speak. I'm finding motivation in losing weight so my IWB holsters will fit without buying new jeans as well.

It sure doesn't hurt to be in shape if you are going to defend yourself, eh?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snider View Post
    I've shot my junk food budget more than once at the range, so to speak. I'm finding motivation in losing weight so my IWB holsters will fit without buying new jeans as well.

It sure doesn't hurt to be in shape if you are going to defend yourself, eh?
    I'm in the same boat. Its easy for me to gain weight, but fortunately, its still easy for me to lose weight too. And, I think Mr. Jefferson was talking about a 20# musket, not your polymer wonder pistol.
    bps3040 and Snider like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm overweight. I've been lax on working out after I started getting sick in the Florida heat. Once I move to the Rockies, it will be much easier. I won't be half-dead from a 10 minute car-ride to the gym.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I love TJ. But you have to remember that he was hiking the mountains, carrying and reloading a rather heavy musket.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links