Two weeks CC.

Two weeks CC.

This is a discussion on Two weeks CC. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First two weeks carrying out of the way and all is well. Started with a glock26 and bought a lcp last week. Ive had the ...

Thread: Two weeks CC.

Two weeks CC.

First two weeks carrying out of the way and all is well. Started with a glock26 and bought a lcp last week. Ive had the lcp with me everyday since. I know, I know, why am I not carrying the 26. I will sooner or later but for now I want to be able to conceal as easy as possible untill I feel more confident. It has surprised me at how little people pay attention to others. I was very concerned about printing but now I think I could open carry and alot of people still wouldnt have a clue.

Congrats! Just remember the rules! If your going to pocket carry, get a holster. Don't wind up like the bozo in Florida!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    First two weeks carrying out of the way and all is well. Started with a glock26 and bought a lcp last week. Ive had the lcp with me everyday since. I know, I know, why am I not carrying the 26. I will sooner or later but for now I want to be able to conceal as easy as possible untill I feel more confident. It has surprised me at how little people pay attention to others. I was very concerned about printing but now I think I could open carry and alot of people still wouldnt have a clue.
    Adams Holsters

Talk to him about your G26.... trust me, you wouldn't have to worry about printing with one of his set ups.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    untill I feel more confident.
    Carrying my cocked and locked 1911 is the best confidence I can think of, carry the big gun. Congrats!

I carried a Glock 19 exclusively for the first year. I finally bought a .380 for running and sometimes find myself getting lazy and not putting on the bigger gun. I've gotten to like the little .380 though, probably for the same reasons you like yours. The thing that nags at me is that while I'm competent with the .380, I'm a LOT better with the 9mm. Magnitudes better. So I take the little beast to the range and put it through the paces every time I go, getting a little more comfortable with it every time. They are tougher to shoot than a regular sized gun; you feel more recoil, the sites are hard to pick up and the trigger is long. That's what you get with the little pistols, and the upshot is that you have to spend more time (I did, anyway) shooting them than is strictly pleasant to get to the point that you can feel like it'll do it's job. That being said, I really like them in general. They remind me of the vest pocket .25s that everyone carried a generation or two ago when they wanted a pistol for everyday life. I think someday they'll be looked at the same way, as the little pistols people commonly carried around in the early part of the 21st century.

And congratulations on the first two weeks! It's kind of a tough habit to really get used to, but a good idea. Nice guns you have there, too.
    Last edited by WvHiker; May 26th, 2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: forgot the obvoius

Sponsored Links