Preparedness Discussion Thread For Those Who Carry Unchambered

This is a discussion on Preparedness Discussion Thread For Those Who Carry Unchambered within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are also put into a position 95% of us (guessing here) will never have been in and I'd really hate to have shaky fingers ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Preparedness Discussion Thread For Those Who Carry Unchambered

You are also put into a position 95% of us (guessing here) will never have been in and I'd really hate to have shaky fingers on a loaded weapon, possibly causing a premature discharge on an innocent person. I'd like to know how many people actually train in a manner that they feel they could pull off self defense any better chambered vs unchambered, or if they just do so because the other people are doing it and never give a second thought to the consequences.

If I can't chamber a round, what good am I going to be with a loaded gun? Furthermore, my training to be prepared with an unchambered firearm is serving another purpose, what if round once fails? Whether you carry chambered or not, this is something you need to be adequately prepared for, because in this case - we are starting from equal ground, but those who carry unchambered are more prepared in their presentation/training than someone who trains that the first one will go bang every time when they need it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    If I can't chamber a round, what good am I going to be with a loaded gun? Furthermore, my training to be prepared with an unchambered firearm is serving another purpose, what if round once fails? Whether you carry chambered or not, this is something you need to be adequately prepared for, because in this case - we are starting from equal ground, but those who carry unchambered are more prepared in their presentation/training than someone who trains that the first one will go bang every time when they need it.
    This is what I was speaking of before. If you carry empty, you need to be prepared for situations that will involve all of the points that are made in the 'here's why you should carry with one chambered' threads. But, those of us that carry 'hot' ALSO need to have some training on how to deal with this, because of the "Murphy factor".

Exactly why I felt this thread "could have" been useful, for everyone - however it's been almost nothing more of a bully thread saying 'my way or the highway' so to speak and if you carry any other way you're outnumbered, and therefore wrong.

Bull.

Yet I wasn't granted my thread, therefore yet another waste of E-Space for anyone looking for information on tricks, practices and training in such a manner - they would unfortunately be forced (yet again) to weed through pages and pages to find anything they were looking for.

"Preparedness Discussion Thread For Those Who Carry Unchambered"

Otherwise known as:
    "Yet another thread on how people can gang up and say there's no reason to carry anything but one in the pipe."

If some of you would read first, type second, you might learn something new.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    everyone who has gone for training has had to endure failour drills; many different kinds. the fact that you do not know this rather indicates you have had little if any formal training.
    nor it appears have you tried different things on your own to see what works and what doesn't and why.
    ever hear of Tap-Rack-Bang ?

get some and than get back to us. as you said before--I'm done with this topic.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Yet another poke... enjoy your day, glad you're done.

JD
    Administrator

What a cluster...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links