POLL - Do you carry: With a round chambered - No round in chamber - Page 10

POLL - Do you carry: With a round chambered - No round in chamber

This is a discussion on POLL - Do you carry: With a round chambered - No round in chamber within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a series of videos on my website that attempts to address the question of carrying unchambered: Montgomery Alabama - Get Home After, LLC ...

View Poll Results: How do you carry your SD Pistol? With a round in the Chamber - No round in chamber

Voters
2590. You may not vote on this poll
  • With a round in chamber

2,324 89.73%
  • No round in chamber

266 10.27%
Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
Like Tree699Likes

Thread: POLL - Do you carry: With a round chambered - No round in chamber

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    I have a series of videos on my website that attempts to address the question of carrying unchambered:

Montgomery Alabama - Get Home After, LLC

The third one on the page is where it starts. Because of the limitations of the site I host them from, there's a number of them to go through, though each segment is short. Maybe this will help some understand the concept better.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

VIP Member
    Ladies and Gentleman of this site please take a moment to jot down this date and time whilst saying a silent prayer as I relay my statement......

"I agree with adric22's post in relation to this topic"

DEAR LORD DONT LET ME BECOME A YUPPY. In all seriousness good response with just a slight bit of sarcasm
    SIGguy229, OD* and baren like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman of this site please take a moment to jot down this date and time whilst saying a silent prayer as I relay my statement......

DEAR LORD DONT LET ME BECOME A YUPPY. In all seriousness good response with just a slight bit of sarcasm
    I concur. I, too, agree with adric22's post...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I concur. I, too, agree with adric22's post...
    Yup...me too. He's coming right along isn't he? Growing by leaps and bounds.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5" 1911 45 ACP

Condition One

Round in the Chamber
    Hammer Back
    Manual Safety Engaged

If you ever need to draw your weapon, chances are you usually don't have time to rack that slide.
    (Granted the Israelis are quite proficient in their methods)
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail ... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."

-Jeff Cooper

Chambered is the only way for me.

This may hold the record for number of members who agree with Adric on a 1 in the chamber thread. Put me on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Holy crap I almost peed myself over this one!!!

VIP Member
    Yup...me too. He's coming right along isn't he? Growing by leaps and bounds.

Makes me proud. Soon he will be going to fighting pistol classes, shooting IDPA, reloading, my gosh they grow up so fast. Where does the time go, it seems like just yesterday we were argueing over the merits of a post on something.....oh wait that was yesterday sorry.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

So I guess 45super is researching his answer now?? Hopefully, a little more civil response?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    I think that having an ND would exclude one from being included in the "best of us" category, IMO. Just sayin'...
    It can happen to anybody, Even you. Not a single person on the earth is perfect. We're all fallible. It can happen to "the best of us", regardless of what you think.

So I guess 45super is researching his answer now?? Hopefully, a little more civil response?
    He probably is. I think this was the type of lawsuit he might have been referring to...

HOUSTON -- The family of a woman who was accidentally shot as she ate dinner at a restaurant has filed a civil lawsuit against the gun owner.

The shooting happened as Diana Baker, 71, and her husband were having dinner with friends at Raffa’s in January. A diner sitting next to them had a loaded derringer in his jacket. The gun fell to the floor and fired.

Family of woman accidentally shot at restaurant files lawsuit against gun owner | khou.com Houston

This is part where the zealous attorney would contend that if the weapon had not been carried with live ammunition in it against the manufacturer's explicit instructions, the negligent discharge would not have taken place. Finding an actual civil case where that argument has been presented could take decades, but there's probably one out there somewhere.

Here's another where the jury awarded damages against the manufacturer claiming that the gun wasn't made safe enough. Notice that the attorney managed to get a jury of six women probably thinking that they would know less about guns and decide in his client's favor.

(CNSNews.com) - The verdict in a Florida gun trial has gun-control groups applauding, and pro-gun groups promising to appeal.

On Thursday, a Palm Beach County jury ordered the Valor Corporation, the distributor of a pistol used to kill a teacher, to pay the teacher's widow $1.2 million out of a total judgment of $24 million.

The jurors - six women - said Valor should assume the smallest share of the blame for Barry Grunow's murder, because the pistol used to kill him didn't have a safety feature, such as a trigger lock, that could have prevented the killer (a student) from using it.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...un-distributor
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I hope a much more civil response...I thought he was gonna get whacked
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Well anyone can sue for anything, not saying they will win, but they can sue.

Warning labels and statements are just that labels and statements. Lord knows Ruger stamps their entire manual on the side of their guns. But is 45super is worried about this then he should never speed in a vehicle, ride a motorcycle without a helmet, eat over easy eggs or rare steak at Waffle House (There is a warning label on the menus), use a blow dryer in the shower/bathtub or my all time favorite on a curling iron "Do not insert into a body cavity while plugged in".

You have to realize that the reason they have stuff like this is because someone, somewhere did it. And I still think 45super is Gecko45 with a mask.

No, 2-3 seconds to chamber allows one to "think" about their situation. After the trigger is pulled you may of wished for a few second to re-consider. Military training is to treat any weapon as being loaded, but only Lock&Load when authorized or only when the situation requires it. Accidental discharges happens when a round is chambered or a mechanical safe fails. IMHO, AD happens more often then a armed citizen who didn't get the first round down range. The last Safety any gun owner has is his brains and solid consistent training.
    A month ago, an airman waiting in the Bagram PAX terminal had an AD. Shot another Airman in the leg next to him. In the old days, you had to clear your weapon when entering certian building like the DFAC, PX, etc. Now it is only if you drive through the ECP's to get on post. After that there is are no checks and balances in place. It is sad situation.

Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links