I felt the freedom

I felt the freedom

This is a discussion on I felt the freedom within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So as I previously posted I had to take a trip to Dallas and decided to take my firearm. First it felt great not having ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: I felt the freedom

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

I felt the freedom

So as I previously posted I had to take a trip to Dallas and decided to take my firearm. First it felt great not having to disarm for the duration of the trip.

What felt great (and like freedom) is when I walked past the first sign that said something about how you cannot carry a firearm on the property IF your unlicensed, I was good to go. It felt great walking into a roadhouse restrauant where they serve and not have to disarm. It brought a smile inside me while in the hotel lobby and asking the clerk if the area was a safe one to go for a walk and she said something to the effect of you won't need a gun (as she had no clue I had one with 31 rounds) on my hip. It did not feel so good getting pulled over in another state and the deputy not understanding that his state accepted other state permits, it was a wash as the law in Texas is you do not need a permit to conceal in your car so I did not have to try to hard to convince him, he was very clear on that law. He did have the dispatcher run my name to check on a valid permit and seemed at a loss she only had access to the Texas databases and no other state. What shocked me was him having me remove the firearm from the holster and place it on the seat in which he put it in my already opened glove box. Got off with a warning and on my way.

It was nice not seeing any gunbuster signs, only in Ohio did i see any.

Over all my first traveling trip while armed went pretty good.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Sounds like an enjoyable trip...it's the way we SHOULD be able to travel in all '57' states.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It did not feel so good getting pulled over in another state and the deputy not understanding that his state accepted other state permits
    That is why it is a good idea to print out the reciprocity agreements directly from the States you will be traveling through so that if you get stopped in some podunk off the beaten path town by Barney you can bring him up to speed on what is something he doesn't come in contact with on a daily weekly and probably yearly basis
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links