Setting my CHP aside

This is a discussion on Setting my CHP aside within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First a little background: I was attending college during the VN war, my draft status was a 2-A deferment because I was actively enrolled in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Setting my CHP aside

VIP Member

Setting my CHP aside

First a little background:
    I was attending college during the VN war, my draft status was a 2-A deferment because I was actively enrolled in college. I'm pro-military and would have served though the war ended before I graduated. I've always been thankful because the 2-A allowed me to graduate uninterrupted and go right into the job market. As soon as I got a job and settled down, I applied for the reserves at the local sheriff's office. I served our community here for 25 years, maybe I've returned the favor for my 2-A status. I could have gone full-time with them (or others) several times, but it wouldn't have been a great decision to give up my family business that I built up over the years. I've been out of their reserves for about 10 years now.

During a recent conversation with the sheriff I was offered the opportunity to be re-commissioned. I still don't have much free time for patrol work, but promised to be available for emergencies or events that require additional manpower.

I lost most of my stored leo gear in my fire a couple of years ago, so I'll be needing some new stuff, well let's say "more modern stuff".

I had been CCW with a La permit, and it's okay, but the LEOSA is a lot better, which is a nice plus.

I'm anxious to start and will be getting some refresher and updates on their current protocol's.
    mr.stuart and HotGuns like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    What kind of gear do you need? I have tons of stuff - much of it never used - sitting around...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member
    Good luck!
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Administrator
    welcome back
    "Just blame Sixto"

Pm me with what you need I have some nylon duty gear
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Awesome news! Good luck.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Good Luck and as Luck would have it. The DC Family is here to help You. All I have is well wishes for You.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Good Luck and as Luck would have it. The DC Family is here to help You.
    I agree this is a great bunch. I only mentioned losing my stuff to get some good internet links for leo supply. Heck, I get DC members stepping up to the plate to help.

Ten years off has been a nice R&R, however I've surprised myself to be anxious to get back.

BTW, PM's sent and thanks to all for the kind words and support.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Yes Sir, I hear that. Be Safe out there.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I have a basket weave duty belt and level 3 holster iv not used for years. The holster held a glock 19 size pistol. Pm me if you could use it.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Try www.galls.com it should bring up some good duty gear. They have a pretty good selection
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    Best wishes in your newest service.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I could send ya some boot lube,in case ya need to to put your foot,well you get the idea at least if you use lube they can't claim excessive force
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    LOL thats funny

Good luck its nice of you to help out

I would check Ebay also...they always seem to have soem good deals on there especially on Safariland stuff.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links