FL resident/non-resident help

This is a discussion on FL resident/non-resident help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does a Florida resident permit supersede the need for a nonres permit? Situation: I have a fl res permit but am not living there currently. ...

Thread: FL resident/non-resident help

FL resident/non-resident help

Does a Florida resident permit supersede the need for a nonres permit?

Situation: I have a fl res permit but am not living there currently. I DO maintain a home there and it is my "permanent address" - otherwise no other US address. Am I allowed to carry legally or do I need to wait 6 months to become a resident?

Practically I would have no problems carrying there but would like to know it's legality.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Florida only issues one license resident or non resident though you do need to keep your address current.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by alyehoud View Post
    Does a Florida resident permit supersede the need for a nonres permit?

Situation: I have a fl res permit but am not living there currently. I DO maintain a home there and it is my "permanent address" - otherwise no other US address. Am I allowed to carry legally or do I need to wait 6 months to become a resident?

Practically I would have no problems carrying there but would like to know it's legality.
    I see no reason for a problem.
    Your only home is there...
    Do you bank there?
    Do you vote there?
    Do you get mail there...and have it forwarded?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

yoru problem is more likelyto be with the other state yu are living in. If you are a resident of Florida, you need to show that you live there, pay taxes, vote, have a FL will, etc. etc. If you are in, say NJ, for more than 6 months of the year, have a NJ driver's license, earn money and pa taxes there, vote there, etc. you are a NJ resident and might want a FL non-resident permit (which won't help you in NJ). The important thing to do is establish what your state of residence is.

There is no FL non-resident license. There is only a CWFL. The only difference to FL is the address. Now, some states may not honor a FL CWFL unless you are a resident of FL.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I see no reason for a problem.
    Your only home is there...
    Do you bank there?
    Do you vote there?
    Do you get mail there...and have it forwarded?
    Yes x4. Really, the only difference is that technically, I'm not a resident. I guess what everyone seems to be saying is that I'm fine legally, which is what I guessed/hoped.

Correct, you're fine legally. What you're talking about is residency for income tax purposes.

You've got an address in FL so your CWFL allows you to carry while in FL and all the other states that honor the FL resident license.
    Last edited by SAR in FL; June 3rd, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

Links