quesstion/worries about CCW in Guilford County NC.

This is a discussion on quesstion/worries about CCW in Guilford County NC. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, great forum you have here! Took my CCW class today and plan on contacting the Guilford County Sheriffs Dept on Monday to make ...

Thread: quesstion/worries about CCW in Guilford County NC.

quesstion/worries about CCW in Guilford County NC.

Hey all, great forum you have here! Took my CCW class today and plan on contacting the Guilford County Sheriffs Dept on Monday to make my appt! I am 23 years old, an upright citizen with NO criminal background. I also work for a local city as a firefighter. My concern is this, a few years ago I was going through a rough time, and my Doctor prescribed me a low dose of zoloft. Now, I've never been admitted (voluntarily or involuntary) to a mental health facility, have never threatened suicide or anything along those lines. I'm worried about my application for CCW getting axed because i'm on zoloft. Does anyone have any advice or experience? Your help is much appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

You will be fine. As long as no commitments were done you're golden. I've had students with prescriptions and it's never been an issue.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just worried about Guilford County. I know each sheriff has their own authority to determine who gets permits and who doesn't.

Like posted above you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just worried about Guilford County. I know each sheriff has their own authority to determine who gets permits and who doesn't.
    They really don't have a whole lot of leeway as to what standards to follow for concealed handgun permits. The statutes spell it out pretty cut and dry. There's a little wiggle room for them but no where NEAR the amount as they have over the issuance of a pistol purchase permit.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    NC is Shall Issue, your either disqualified or not. It's not there call. Although I have heard of certain counties putting "Display Bans" (OC) in place. Which is BS seeing as NC has preemption. I'm in NC enough but always CC.

Links