I sent this to NRAILA what do you think??

This is a discussion on I sent this to NRAILA what do you think?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JohnKelly Too bad this doesn't qualify as a PSA (public service announcement). Or does it? While I doubt the NRA could pull ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I sent this to NRAILA what do you think??

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly
    Too bad this doesn't qualify as a PSA (public service announcement). Or does it? While I doubt the NRA could pull it off, perhaps state CCW groups could as non-profits.

A commercial along the lines of: showing an "average" groups of adults, teacher, construction worker, soccer mom who all carry:

"I'm a mom of three wonderful kids -- and I carry". Camera pulls pack to see a pistol in holster strapped to her side.

Gotta show the sheeple that regular folks carry all the time, and that there needs to be more!
    There are plenty in the media world that would never want anything like this seen by anyone.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I agree this would be a great idea and I also agree that the NRA might not have the money to do this. I aso think the NRA throw their money away. Here is an example. I am a NRA member but still my mailbox gets flooded with junk mail from the NRA. Sometimes 2 to 3 pieces aday. The NRA is a great organization but I feel that money could be spent better than sending members junk mail. If I am getting this much junk mail I know others are getting it also.

It doesn't matter what the NRA does, the media and anti's will continue to bash them.

It wouldn't fly politically for a politician to say, "I stood up to millions and millions of Americans today". It works much better if they say, "I stood up to the NRA and the gun lobby today". Sounds better to the sheeple.

The media would never let the NRA conduct an education campaign thru the media. It would make the NRA look too good.

I'm afraid we have to take back the 2nd Amendment one citizen at a time.

I know this sounds far fetched, but what if every gun owner tried to reach just one of his friends, co-workers or neighbors each year?

I know that in the last three years, I have helped convert at least a dozen people who were on the fence. They weren't rabid antigunners, they were just uneducated which is where the majority of nongun people are.

I really think we can do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links