I sent this to NRAILA what do you think??

This is a discussion on I sent this to NRAILA what do you think?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Nightly News is not good for gun owners, the NRA, or the country for that matter. I would like to see the NRA start ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I sent this to NRAILA what do you think??

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

I sent this to NRAILA what do you think??

The Nightly News is not good for gun owners, the NRA, or the country for that matter.

I would like to see the NRA start a campaign to educate thinking adults.

If the NRA was to buy a 30 second spot on all three broadcast channels and CNN during the 5:30 CST news hour that was a 30 second spot that looked as much like the real news cast as possible everyday and did a pro gun news spot.

I am sure there are enough armed citizen stories to do 2 or 3 a week and enough statistics to do a pro gun story a week. I mean Cam Edwards does 3 hours a day everyday you should be able to come up with a 30 second spot everyday.

Then ask your state affiliates to do the same thing during the local 10:00 news.

Normal people need to hear good things about guns, and the media is not giving them anything, NRA needs to do it. We need to educate the masses about their responsibility to support the 2nd Amendment, not be afraid of CHL holders, and warn them about the UN, and not just to sell a book.

I am sure this would be expensive but if you got new members because of it, you would have an easier time passing bills, and improve this country.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

2. Remove Ads

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Knowledge is power, SO TEACH THE SHEEP! I like it a lot. I'll keep sending them money, and we'll see if the NRA acts on it.
    "I'd rather have my gun and not need it, than need it and not have it"

Great idea. I'd bet that the networks will say no though.
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

The media would surely say "nay" and then continue to provide adequate amounts of action type violence on television. Gotta love it. I do admire your thoughts and foresight---If people don't act and speak out, nothing ever happens.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Excellent idea. Now I wonder if NRA has that kind of money.

Assistant Administrator
    Cost would be very high, if not prohibitive but in principle this would be an excellent scheme.

Sadly those making decisions on what does or does not air would almost certainly stop it happening - it would not be considered PC!

Many a time I read of a good result in a defensive situation and wish to heck it could be widely broadcast - but no - it's about guns!!

We can dream tho!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It would be great. However, networks (or any other media) can refuse advertising too, not just news coverage.

At one point I worked for the largest newspaper publisher in the US, and certain typed of ads have always required approval before being accepted -- no matter how much money was offered. Not too many ads that go against the phylosophy/doctrine were allowed...

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FiringDragon
    It would be great. However, networks (or any other media) can refuse advertising too, not just news coverage.

At one point I worked for the largest newspaper publisher in the US, and certain typed of ads have always required approval before being accepted -- no matter how much money was offered. Not too many ads that go against the phylosophy/doctrine were allowed...
    Ah, so much for unbiased reporting. And after so many of these jokers get caught "cooking" the story. You'd think "sheeple" would learn. These same bunch, go on to be the media darlings. It not a matter of the facts,it's how,and how often,and to whom it's shown that matters. Anyone can be a star,with enough hype. Same with news and other stories, tell it and push it enough,people ass-u-me it's the truth.

The problem as I see it would be that the general public sees the NRA as to far right. And honestly I am one of those. I think the NRA does good stuff for gun owners, but I think they go to far on alot of issues.

Just my opinion, but I don't think that the NRA has a great rep with the general public.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

Networks

My first guess is the majors would say no. Second guess is that the cost if possible for the N.R.A. would be totally out of line for the time slot. If we all really want to help out, we need to do two things: join your major state pro CCW group and join the N.R.A. If your already a member, sign up fo life. If you don't have the dollars available, they have a payment plan. If your already a lifer, extend that to Endowment or beyond. Thank you.

One more request

Please write and call your State Reps in the House and Senate and Governor with state issues. It's also extremely important to call and write your U.S. Representative and your 2 Senators. They keep track of these calls since their jobs depend on the vote.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crookcatchr
    The problem as I see it would be that the general public sees the NRA as to far right. And honestly I am one of those. I think the NRA does good stuff for gun owners, but I think they go to far on alot of issues.

Just my opinion, but I don't think that the NRA has a great rep with the general public.
    OK explain yourself please, to the best of my knowledge the NRA does not have any other issues other than Guns. So what is it you do not like about their positions? What issues do they go to far on??
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Great idea Jimmy - I just wish the network affiliates and local indies would think so...

I sure would like to be the one to try to Sell it though!!
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Quote Originally Posted by crookcatchr

CC - would you please expound on even One Issue where the NRA has gone too far right?

I am NOT trying to corner nor flame you - I am genuinely curious... Thanks -
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Too bad this doesn't qualify as a PSA (public service announcement). Or does it? While I doubt the NRA could pull it off, perhaps state CCW groups could as non-profits.

A commercial along the lines of: showing an "average" groups of adults, teacher, construction worker, soccer mom who all carry:

"I'm a mom of three wonderful kids -- and I carry". Camera pulls pack to see a pistol in holster strapped to her side.

Gotta show the sheeple that regular folks carry all the time, and that there needs to be more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links