And then I heard gasps....

This is a discussion on And then I heard gasps.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just makes me laugh. People see a well dressed person with a nice S&W in a holster and they are worried? When was the last ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: And then I heard gasps....

Just makes me laugh. People see a well dressed person with a nice S&W in a holster and they are worried? When was the last time a person wishing harm was out grocery shopping all nice and neat as you described. I think to another point made here, If you were wearing a black leather coat to your ankles and had a 12 gauge under it on a sling with pierced eyelids and smelled of BO then I'd worry. What the hell is it with people anyhow? Mind your own damn business and shop safely ladies.... Be glad I'm here today as I may save your arses!!
    IIIeXo19 likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

Whew! That was a close one ;)

It's a good thing that your 442 is well behaved, so it didn't jump out of it's holster and frighten somebody
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

i think he did get the stink eye, i got the stink eye for saying " i dont like foot ball or base ball, i perfer shooting sports with a gun "
    msgt/ret likes this.

I wasn't in Roanoke, I was actually in a very gun friendly county about 50 miles or so southwest in the NRV. Even in rural towns, you'll run into a couple of "oh my" folks I guess. Both my guns were in very nice leather OWB holsters. I mean, how scary can a guy in a bright colored Hawaiian shirt with flowers all over it, khaki dress shorts, and flip flops look anyway? It was no big deal to me, but it was a reaction I haven't had before even when I OC. I thought it was funny more than anything...my reaction turning around trying to see whatever it was they were a gasp about and realizing my shirt was hung up over my grip and I was the subject as much as anything.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

BugDude at least you didn't hear a loud scream followed with "HE'S GOT TWO GUNS"!! Love that stink eye

It happens, sounds like you remained calm and handled it quite well, and may have left some people who might be less concerned the next time it occurs around them. Good job.

It happened to me once where the woman next to me was looking at the gun, then my face, then the gun, then my face.... shirt caught on the gun, so I just flipped the shirt over the gun..... and asked how she was doing, joked with her and some small talk, and she was smiling and had no concerns when we went on our ways .... she was wishing me " a nice day". I think if we act like it's not a concern and act normally .... as if it's nothing... it will become less of a concern to those who it would worry.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

sounds like you remained calm and handled it quite well
    As opposed to what?
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

If I had been a little quicker with the wit I should have rubbed my back pocket and said, "Yeah, it kinda takes your breath away, huh?"
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Silly sheep!.......Good guys use holsters........Gangbangers don't.
    Erick46590 likes this.

I've had women gasp when I bend over,I'm gonna assume it's because I have cute buttocks,I just tell em sorry ladies I'm a married man
    Erick46590 and tkruf like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lol man that funny.

VIP Member
    That's why I always wear my green CCW sash when I grocery shop.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

They were gasping because you were reaching for that Wonder bread. You should be reaching for 100% whole wheat. spelt, or Ezekial bread.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

What? And You Didn't..

You could have as you flashed your "CC" badge.

FireStar M40

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    OH, you would have to live here, Roanoke is eaten up with anti gun nazis. Beautiful mountains, great outdoor activities including hunting and shooting, but it's liberal as can be downtown. Plenty of pro gunner's, but there is a definite influx of the negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links