How to Carry? - Page 3

How to Carry?

This is a discussion on How to Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SirNapsAlot I carry a Glock 19 and a Kimber 1911 -- both have one ready in the chamber and the Kimber's safety ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to Carry?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsAlot View Post
    I carry a Glock 19 and a Kimber 1911 -- both have one ready in the chamber and the Kimber's safety is always off in my holster.
    I prefer to have my 1911's safety in the safe position in my holster (C1) rather than the fire position (C0).
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsAlot View Post
    While I think it's incredibly short-sighted and naive to carry unchambered, I will support to death a persons right to do so.
    I think it's incredibly short-sighted and naive to think every person on this forum or the public in general is qualified to carry a gun with one in the pipe but I defend your right to do so. Just like alot of things in the world, it's not against the law to do it but is it always right?

VIP Member
    What?! They make an auto-loader that's un-chambered? Ok, kidding aside, it sounds like you need to forgo the new patio furniture and attend a good gun course. Training will instill self-confidence and it will dismiss any concern of carrying a ‘loaded’ gun. If you ever have to use that thing’ you won’t be able to get those bullets out of the barrel fast enough to suit your needs.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

JD
    Administrator
    OK, last time. Enough with the chamber empty vs. chamber loaded crap. You can state why you carry the way you do, but cut the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    OK, last time. Enough with the chamber empty vs. chamber loaded crap. You can state why you carry the way you do, but cut the crap.
    I think it is extremely irresponsible to not atleast have the chambered all the time folks put a disclaimer that only if you are fully qualified to do so and own a holster designed for the action be added to every post. It takes one big dummy who has not been trained properly to put a black eye on the whole CCW movement. Just because you are qualified to get a CCW (probably 90% of Adults in America are) Does not qualify you to carry one chambered or make you a gun pro.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i carry a revolver ( usually a 642 or 332) with all chambers loaded. its primary safety is a transfer bar. though all manufactures have had recalls at some time in their existence,
    the better the brand, the fewer the recalls. eg; S&W vs Taurus and Charter Arms. and overall, if the design was flawed to the point of major danger--would not the news peoples shout it in our faces?
    since the SHOUT is closer to an occasional whisper--I'm going with the guns are made very, very well; even a charter arms.
    i mentioned "its primary safety"...

the overall primary safety is between each of our ears. use it always, exercise it constantly if you are going to carry a gun.

i also carry a variety of semi-autos. the 2 most used are a Colt Defender-- chambered with hammer back and slide safety engaged, locked and loaded, C1...however it is being phrased these days.
    the other is a Kel-Tec P-11--10 +1 which means with a round chambered. my P239/40-357sig-9mm has been retired and is being readied for sale. offers?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    the overall primary safety is between each of our ears. use it always, exercise it constantly if you are going to carry a gun.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Carry how you are comfortable, period. Don't let anyone bully you into one way or the other. Even military carry unchambered.
    The first two sentences are right on...carry an unloaded weapon if you want to. Its your life and your decision. The third sentence is incorrect. I know that USAF SF (SPs) carry their M9 with a round chambered and the safety off. The first round is double action. I will admit that when deployed, our Army counterparts were made to carry their weapons (M9/M16.M60) unloaded with the rounds separate unless in a combat area.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Never said they did it all the time, but they are instructed to in certain situations as verified earlier in this thread - so no, it's not incorrect. I should add 'at times' or something along those lines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links