IWB/OWB holster with a mag pouch

This is a discussion on IWB/OWB holster with a mag pouch within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have any of you tried this holster? Bagmaster Ambidextrous Quilted Nylon In-The-Pants IWB Clip Gun Holster W/ Thumb Break & Mag Pouch To me, it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: IWB/OWB holster with a mag pouch

IWB/OWB holster with a mag pouch

Have any of you tried this holster? Bagmaster Ambidextrous Quilted Nylon In-The-Pants IWB Clip Gun Holster W/ Thumb Break & Mag Pouch

To me, it seems like a pretty solid holster, actually considering buying it, the website says it is an ambidextrous IWB/OWB holster. Any of you know anything about it?
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure it would be fine, but for my 1911, since I spent so much money on it, I won't go cheap on the holster. it's leather all the way for me. I don't know why anyone would go witha cheap holster when they spend so much on their gun. but hey, that's me.

What appealed to me was it had a strap and a mag pouch (really liking the mag pouch). But this is another holster I'm going to order: Hideaway w/clip (probly use this most of the time). But if I'm carrying OWB (probly won't most of the time) I don't think it'd be a bad idea.

Thanks for you're input though.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Just got a reply from the website selling the holster, they said the clib and the strap that goes over the gun can both be removed to accommodate right and left handing shooters and for whether it will be used IWB/OWB. So it can pretty much fit any needs.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I'm strictly leather. Wouldn't touch it.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I've heard a lot of people say 'only leather' but is there any specific reason? If it is soft enough of a cloth material to where it wouldn't scratch it (the gun this will be used for isn't blued) is there any other reason why leather would be better? Just a question.

Bass Ackwards

That style holster puts the magazine on the wrong side for an efficient mag change.

Also for anyone considering it for concealed IWB or even OWB, the attached magazine pouch adds a lot of bulk.

Any soft fabric holster is more of a gun pouch than a holster and that is why the other posters are recommending leather. Functionally speaking kydex material will work well too - just ugly.
    MotorCityGun likes this.

I tried one of these. The weight of the mag and the narrow clip/loop allow the holster to tilt back and forth on the belt way too much. I would not recommend it.
    Last edited by owgem; June 8th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.

I've got a holster just like that in the bottom of my holster box that I never use...got it at Wal Mart for $12. It's good for putting a gun in to toss in the truck or tool box, but not for carry. The OWB doesn't hold it in tight to the body. You don't want a retention strap IWB and alll of the ambi loops sewn on each side rub the snot out of you IWB. The mag pouch is good for the gun riding in the truck, but on the wrong side for carry purposes.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Cool

Quality holsters and gunbelts make all the difference in comfortable carry. I have never seen a combination holster, IWB/OWB with mag pouch, especially a nylon one that held the firearm properly. This one may be the one though.

I prefer leather.

photo.JPG
    click to enlarge

Side Guard Quick Clip and magholder
    BugDude likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Skip it. Buy a quality holster...leather or kydex....designed and made for the make/model of your firearm. Single-point metal clips are pretty worthless for OWB, and barely keep a firearm in place IWB. If you're going to carry a mag, carry on your weak side--even if it means getting a mag carrier (again, leather or kydex).

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Quality holsters and gunbelts make all the difference in comfortable carry. I have never seen a combination holster, IWB/OWB with mag pouch, especially a nylon one that held the firearm properly. This one may be the one though.

I prefer leather.

photo.JPG
    click to enlarge

Side Guard Quick Clip and magholder
    Exactly....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have one for my Taurus pro 24/7 C and I hate it. It does not feel sturdy either IWB or OWB. I am shopping for a new holster and separate MAG pouch as I type

I have one, mine is for full size gun with mag lite. It is attached to my bed frame. IMO best use for it.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Alright thanks guys. And I was actually planning on getting a separate mag pouch, that's actually how I came across this holster. And I probly won't get this holster now that I take your comments into consideration. I think I'll just get a dual mag pouch (if I can find one I like) or 2 single mag pouches.

Check out Nate's work at UBG Holsters. Quality holsters...3-4week turnaround...designed for your make/model of firearm...also has belts, single and double mag carriers
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links