Carrying Where it is not "authorized", but not illegal... - Page 2

Carrying Where it is not "authorized", but not illegal...

This is a discussion on Carrying Where it is not "authorized", but not illegal... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Except for where i know they have metal detectors. Originally Posted by rhinokrk Even a courtroom, Asked to testify?...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Carrying Where it is not "authorized", but not illegal...

Except for where i know they have metal detectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Even a courtroom, Asked to testify?
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

how many courthouses allow civilians to carry a weapon in? answer none.

I was lucky that in my working days a safe deposit box the security office was provided for the gun carriers to stow their weapons during the workday

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    If i'm up and dressed,i'm armed,all day,everyday,everywhere.
    Me too!

Not illegal? Then it's strictly YOUR call. How safe do you want to feel?
    I would not share your intentions, nor ask anyone at work what they think...Shhhhhhhhhhhh!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    In these times a good job is not easy to find. Do what you feel is right for you. You know the chances your taking, and the consequences of your actions if caught.

I'm very fortunate, the 3 owners of the company I work for all are permit holders, and have no problem with me carrying at work. Of course at 60 they figure I'm responsible enough to make the proper decisions.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I work mostly armed locations, even when doing traffic control where IPL asks us not to wear our sidearms due to there being a greater chance of our weapon being hit by a mirror or power line causing a heat discharge than us needing to use it. i still carry a revolver in my pocket or on my ankle. It is encouraged by the boss to always be armed, even if the weapon is not visible. On a side note, is my gun going off something I will really need to worry about if i get hit by a power line? I love these common sense policies some of our clients have.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Even if I wanted to I couldn't, not easily anyway, since I go through metal detectors on the way in and on the way out of work. The guards are rather lax and I'm almost certain that I could smuggle one in in a smart carry but as much as i sweat and move around @ work it's just not worth it. There are many places to hide inside the warehouse that outsiders wouldn't know about and I'm pretty sure most of my co-workers have no clue about either. Push comes to shove i'll hop in a brown truck and high tail it off property and worry about the theft later.

I deal with such issues daily due to social and/or work (employer/customer) policies. As others have said, it is a personal adult choice you have to make. I carry two guns everywhere, in my pockets - a PM9 and a LCP. I've also used the Smartcarry in the past, but prefer the greater comfort of pocket carry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The Gov't repealed "Don't ask, don't tell"
    The Armed citizens haven't.

In my case, I value my life more than my job, and I have a very good and well paying job. I will make every effort to make sure I comply with company policy, but if for example, a current or former disgruntled employee makes me feel that my life is in danger, I will do what I have to do. If I do decide to carry at work (knowing the consequences of my actions), get caught and loose my job, I still have my military retirement to fall back on.

So, I truly think is an individual decision based on priorities, circumstances and many other factors.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

My company acquires several other companies a year, and of course, that means lots of redundancy... Meaning lay offs. I deal with them every week (even though I work in IT). We've had several incidents in the past year of disgruntled employees coming into the corporate office irate & lookin to take it out on managers or execs. To my knowledge, none of them were armed, but that's not a chance I'm willing to take. I enjoy my well paying job as well, but I always have something on me. Just curious if I was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    In my case, I value my life more than my job, and I have a very good and well paying job. I will make every effort to make sure I comply with company policy, but if for example, a current or former disgruntled employee makes me feel that my life is in danger, I will do what I have to do. If I do decide to carry at work (knowing the consequences of my actions), get caught and loose my job, I still have my military retirement to fall back on.

So, I truly think is an individual decision based on priorities, circumstances and many other factors.
    Not sure if you guys remember this but here in Orlando a few years back a disgruntled employee walked into his old work with a gun and started firing one guy was killed and many injured the guy killed was a father. It was a sad story which could have been prevented.

Senior Moderator
    There are some jobs I have had that I say, "Screw it! Fire me!" and have carried anyway. Got caught once and the owner compromised in letting me carry to and from the store as long as I put it in the safe when I got there... but whenever the gun wasn't in the safe he knew it was on me and still didn't say anything. I really would not have cared if he fired me. It was far more risky NOT to carry while working there.

There have been others that I have been a little more discreet.

BUT.. when the office I worked for that had a "no weapons" policy got a shooting threat you had better believe I was armed everyday pretty much until I left there. I just kept it as quiet as possible. Although there was that one time another employee saw a casing stuck in the bottom of my shoe from my trip to the range the night before and started getting a little nosy.. that was interesting.

As long as it's not illegal only you can decide whether or not your employment is worth it.

I've got a gun on any time I leave the house, and quite frequently while I'm inside. I'm not supposed to carry at work, but with the kinds of people I run into while working, I'm not about to chance it. The funny thing is that it's even a state contract that is supposed to prevent me from carrying. I guess the state of MT doesn't think I should be able to defend myself, because I might upset the occasional sheeple.

In Wyoming the judge can decide to let you carry in the court room.

"6-8-104.(t)No permit issued pursuant to this section or any permit issued from any other state shall authorize any person to carry a concealed firearm into:
    (iii) Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom"

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/d...ammendment.pdf

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links