Federal Judge Rules Against Pat Downs - Page 2

Federal Judge Rules Against Pat Downs

This is a discussion on Federal Judge Rules Against Pat Downs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HighVelocity I think the same ruling should apply to TSA. If there's nothing suspicious looking on the bag xray and the metal ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity
    I think the same ruling should apply to TSA. If there's nothing suspicious looking on the bag xray and the metal detector doesn't beep when I walk through it and I'm not wearing a hockey goalie mask and blood soaked overalls then there's no reason to hold me up for 10-15 minutes, pat me down and empty the contents of my bags because "I've been selected for random screening".
    "Amen!"

You know when you've been doing too much travelling? When the TSA folks know you by first name, and you STILL get pulled for secondary screening. "SSSS" - my least favorite abbreviation.

One of the reasons I don't travel so much now.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    So who is Pat Downs and what did he do this time?
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

freakshow, that is now how the system works. Ideally, broad laws are passed and interpretted at the local level. Eveytime a court, anywhere, makes a ruling it can be sited in another case. That is how English trial law works (which is what we have). Lawyers are constantly using past rulings in any court to support their viewpoint. All in all it has kind of a leveling effect on the judical system, eventually we are all treated the same.

Quote Originally Posted by p8riot
    So who is Pat Downs and what did he do this time?
    I think Pat Downs was that person on Saturday Night Live who no one could figure out his/her gender.
    Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    According to IMDB, Patrick Downs is a movie director...
    I have way too much time on my hands tonight.

i dont have a problem with pat downs at sporting events. nobody is forced to attend a sporting event, therefore if you dont like the policy, dont go to the game. i dont care how badly i want whatever wares he is selling, i will never step inside a store that bans firearms. in as much as i think the policy is stupid, i value the store owners right to make that decision for himself more and i dont want my government mandating private policy (even when it benefits me) because ultimately it will work against me (on something important) down the road.

(btw polarbear, i see youre just outside fayetteville. i grew up in fayetteville)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links