First weekend carrying in public - piece of cake

This is a discussion on First weekend carrying in public - piece of cake within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, this was my first weekend of carrying a firearm away from home as I received my Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol on Friday. ...

Thread: First weekend carrying in public - piece of cake

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar

Thumbs up First weekend carrying in public - piece of cake

Well, this was my first weekend of carrying a firearm away from home as I received my Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol on Friday. I carried my Kel-tec PF-9 concealed in a Bianchi Professional 100 IWB holster & overall, it was confortable with no huge issues. My preferred carry position is canted at 4 o'clock.

The minor issues I experienced were, I'm sure, common - keeping myself aware & my head on a swivel (without looking paranoid); positioning the holster for maximum concealment & to lessen contact with the car seat & seat belt; figuring out what body positions are most likely to print; not fidgeting with the holster while in public; & coming up with a private way to move my firearm from IWB holster to seat-front holster (got some work to do there).

I took my Labs for a walk around the lake, went shopping, dining, & to the gas station - normal things. In spite of carrying with a round chambered for the first time, being in public, & with the exception of the sensation of wearing the holster, it was just typical weekend. Perfect!

This week I'll get to see how using the GunVault in the vehicle works out when I'm at work (policy of no firearms). I'm also waiting for my CrossBreed QwikClip IWB holster to arrive to achieve tuckable concealment.

All in all, it was a decent experience.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear all went well I've been carrying since 91 so its natural now I actually feel awkward when not carrying. dan

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    It is an awsome responsibility, please get as much training as you can. I suggest reading as many of Mas Ayoob's books and articles as you can. Ask any question you want of folks on this site.

Links