Sig Decisions

This is a discussion on Sig Decisions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally for comfort the largest barrel I'd carry is a 4". My dad has a P226 and it's a bit bulky, but it's personal preference ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sig Decisions

Personally for comfort the largest barrel I'd carry is a 4". My dad has a P226 and it's a bit bulky, but it's personal preference really.
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis (1959). If you haven't heard it, go listen!

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Sig 2022 9mm in a Side Guard snap OWB holster (see avatar) all day every day. Yes it is a little large, but still carries well at the 3:00 position. I have learned to dress around the pistol with non tucked shirts in warm weather. But, I had begun doing that occasionally anyway due the heat and humidity in central FL. I bought the 2022 because the Sigs fit my hand the best when I was looking and trying out pistols and the 2022 was at a discount because it was being discontinued in the US. I have since seen them for around $400. In 600-700 rounds it has never had a malfunction and is very accurate when I handle it correctly.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I am a big fan of the P228. It is an amazing gun that just balances very well in the hand. It is also one of the best triggers I have fired.

Cool P239

Sig P239/357 Sig in a Milt Sparks VM 2. Carries well and is very reliable. This is one of my favorite CCW guns. I have several, Sig P228 with a VM 2, Ruger SR9C/ VM 2, P232/ VM 2. I alternate them depending on what I wear. I also have a P226 Equinox in 40 cal, with the VM 2 as well but I don't carry it at all.

Lead Moderator
    Might as well add my two cents, I have both a 226 and a 229, and of the two for CC I'd go with the 229 if those were my only choices. What I do carry (when I can, Maryland you know) is my 239, which I have carried both inside and outside WB.

Another SIG to check out is one of the compact/conceal size 220's, you'll find the SAO trigger is very smooth!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I have the P229 in .40 S&W.I really like the caliber it penetrates as much as a .357 Mag revolver round if you carry the 165 grain.Also good expansion due to high velocity. The P229 is a fairly large carry for the summer, however I carried it only for at least three years before buying a GSR Sig 1911 in 4". It's a double/single trigger pull without an external safety. It takes a little practice to get the first double pull on target.

VIP Member
    239 is a great carry choice. Don't forget to check out whether you'd prefer the DAK or SA/DA trigger as well. Plus Sig makes it in SAS (snag resistant)
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You won't go wrong with any of the three Sigs you mentioned. Virtually any Sig is great for concealed carry. Here are my 3 primary carry pistols. The P220 Carry SAO is carried in a Royal Guard IWB rig or a Coronado Leather Stealth Pak waist pack, depending on the weather. The P238 is carried in a Galco SuperFly pocket holster. The Trailside is carried in a nylon Uncle Mike's belt holster when I'm out in the woods.
    Attached Images

I have a Sig P229 (non-rail) and it rides in a Minotaur M-TAC when I can carry it. I say "when I can carry it" because it is THICK. 1.5" thick to be precise. I have a BeltMan belt and used to carry it in a black Mitch Rosen Workman holster (Which is for sale at the moment since I did not like it wiggling a bit due to only having one point where it latches to the belt - it ran me $140 and took a 6+ month wait but I will part with it for $125 shipping included).

The Minotaur M-TAC or a Milt Sparks VM2 (or one of their clones) will go a long way to help hiding this beast but a good belt is the key to this weapon. As long as you do not have to tuck in your shirt you should be ok with a 229. Dress around it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by SidTheKid View Post
    Hey guys,

Im new to the cc community and Im looking to get a sig sauer for concealed carry. Im def. decided on sigs but Im not sure which one to get between the 226 229 and 2022. They all feel good, shoot well, and are within my price range (I know the 226 is pretty big but I know of a few people who carry it regularly). Im wondering if anyone has any experience carrying any of these IWB. Im about 5'10" 175lbs and dont have any cc experience so this will be my first gun for cc but I want a med. sized sig. It will be used primarily during winter when I can where a jacket or something. Any advice would help. Thanks.
    You won't like my advise but your nuts if you make your first CCW anything but a sub compact. It's June soon to be July. When it's hot a hell and your wearing shorts and a T-shirt you'll be pissed when you can't conceal your gun right. Trust me. The Sig's are great guns and you won't go wrong with either one of those 3, but really think it out first. Grab out of your buddies and see if you can borrow for a day and you'll see what I mean. You can't always stand up straight, you gotta sit, bend, twist and other stuff. Granted NC is an open carry state (at least in most counties) but it's VERY annoying when your trying to conceal a gun that doesn't want to hide. When winter comes I carry my M&P40fs but wouldn't dream of it in nice weather. G26 in the warm season. I promise you, you won't spend a ton of money on a gun and only (or mostly) carry in the winter for many reasons but mostly because if you but a gun to protect yourself carry all day every day. Good luck with your decision, welcome to the forum and keep us up to date.

I carry a 239 9mm sometimes and also my 220 compact in 45. Far as I know I've never been made or been told I was printing. You do have to dress for it but truthfully in the dead of summer months I end up carrying a snubbie, often in my pocket on quick trips.
    If I ever do need it I hope I'm carrying my 220 compact. A 45 can be very comforting given the right conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links