NEVER judge a book by its cover.

NEVER judge a book by its cover.

This is a discussion on NEVER judge a book by its cover. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So three friday nights a month my localindoor range has a shooting match. The format changes month to month but has been any centerfire pistol. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NEVER judge a book by its cover.

Thumbs up NEVER judge a book by its cover.

So three friday nights a month my localindoor range has a shooting match. The format changes month to month but has been any centerfire pistol. The targets are B-27 at 3, 5, 10, 15 and 25 yds. I have been considering to start shooting GSSF, so I purchased a new Glock 35. I took it to the range Friday night to give it its first test. If you shoot two of the three matches you qualify for a drawing for a new gun. The match runs from 6pm-9pm and you shoot when you arrive and the range officer can take you on. When I showed up the next string was set to be me and a small asian lady.

She was all of 5'1"-5'3" long salt and pepper hair in a braid. She had a pair of sneaker on with some plain khaki cargos and a t shirt that read "KITTENS" and had some cute little kittens. She showed up to just practice, not knowing a match was happening, and the lady at the counter asked if she needed a rental gun. The range owner turned around ad saw her and said "Oh no she doesnt need any rental guns...she has plenty of her own." She paid her fee for the match and went to her vehicle and returned with a range bag bigger than her. LOL

She pulled out a pristine S&W 645 and we went out to the range.

At each distance you shoot 10 shots in 20 seconds or 5 shots in 10 and reload, if a single stack or revolver. 50 shots total. I obviously had the capability to shoot 10 shot strings. Most 5 shooters shoot 5 then stop reload and shoot 5 again.

Well whilst shooting my new 35 (first time out of the box) I was hearing her int he next lane firing at a pretty rapid pace then changing mag and firing the 6th shot before or just after the first mag hit the deck. I was actually jealous of the range officer as he was getting to watch the "show" and I couldnt see her. LOL She actually shot 10 shots with a reload before I finished a single mag with 10 shots.

The shooters at this match vary from seasoned LEOs, and SWAT cops to just regular joes who wanna try their hardware out and become more accurate with their favorite toys. This lady had never shot with "us" and she ahd everybody's attention. LOL

SO....NEVER judge a book by its cover.

Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That's awesome.

A little old Asian redneck with a passion for guns, it's a great country!

O sorry, being politically correct it's not rednecks it's "Appalachian Americans"
    rhinokrk, JoJoGunn and cammo like this.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    I was working a GSSF match last year. One shooter was an elderly fellow in a powered wheel chair. He had lots of mobility issues and didn't look to be in very good health at all.

He shocked the heck out of all of us when he posted some of the best scores of the day.

Go figure.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I think the "kittens" t-shirt was my favorite part of the story. So much for another thread here about wearing an "I have a gun shirt"...kittens win every time!
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BTW she outshot me by 5 points...LOL I will say that my rear sights had never been adjusted and were just the way they came out of the box. I shot consistently dead center and low.

So for my pride...I have to adjust my sights and go back and shoot a better score. LOL

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Kittens on her shirt and a tiger in it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    That's awesome.

A little old Asian redneck with a passion for guns, it's a great country!

O sorry, being politically correct it's not rednecks it's "Appalachian Americans"
    I am offended by this. The PC term for Redneck is "Conservative Southerner"
    Me and My "Appalachian American" Brethren prefer to be called HillBillies.
    Spade115 likes this.

That's fantastic

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    big mistake to meet 3 people in a car and than treat the 4th like you were talking to the other 3.

that and 'little' people are often kin to the elders...what take offense, they just may kill ua
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Quote Originally Posted by MerryMama View Post
    That's fantastic

Agreed

I never wanted to shoot around my EX. She didn't look the part at all, but could outshoot anyone I"ve ever seen.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

<------- Hillipino
    rolyat63 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Grasshopper, much to learn you have from the little Asian sensei. Wax on, wax off.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    So three friday nights a month my localindoor range has a shooting match. The format changes month to month but has been any centerfire pistol. The targets are B-27 at 3, 5, 10, 15 and 25 yds. I have been considering to start shooting GSSF, so I purchased a new Glock 35. I took it to the range Friday night to give it its first test. If you shoot two of the three matches you qualify for a drawing for a new gun. The match runs from 6pm-9pm and you shoot when you arrive and the range officer can take you on. When I showed up the next string was set to be me and a small asian lady.

She was all of 5'1"-5'3" long salt and pepper hair in a braid. She had a pair of sneaker on with some plain khaki cargos and a t shirt that read "KITTENS" and had some cute little kittens. She showed up to just practice, not knowing a match was happening, and the lady at the counter asked if she needed a rental gun. The range owner turned around ad saw her and said "Oh no she doesnt need any rental guns...she has plenty of her own." She paid her fee for the match and went to her vehicle and returned with a range bag bigger than her. LOL

She pulled out a pristine S&W 645 and we went out to the range.

At each distance you shoot 10 shots in 20 seconds or 5 shots in 10 and reload, if a single stack or revolver. 50 shots total. I obviously had the capability to shoot 10 shot strings. Most 5 shooters shoot 5 then stop reload and shoot 5 again.

Well whilst shooting my new 35 (first time out of the box) I was hearing her int he next lane firing at a pretty rapid pace then changing mag and firing the 6th shot before or just after the first mag hit the deck. I was actually jealous of the range officer as he was getting to watch the "show" and I couldnt see her. LOL She actually shot 10 shots with a reload before I finished a single mag with 10 shots.

The shooters at this match vary from seasoned LEOs, and SWAT cops to just regular joes who wanna try their hardware out and become more accurate with their favorite toys. This lady had never shot with "us" and she ahd everybody's attention. LOL

SO....NEVER judge a book by its cover.

But, did she hit the target? Remember, "In a gunfight, you can't miss fast enough."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links