What is wrong with Michigan

This is a discussion on What is wrong with Michigan within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to Michigan next month to visit my wifes family. My father in law wants to shoot so I hopefully will be taking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is wrong with Michigan

What is wrong with Michigan

I am going to Michigan next month to visit my wifes family. My father in law wants to shoot so I hopefully will be taking my pistols. Why do some of these states not except others? I live in North Carolina and we except Michigan so why does Michigan not except us. Just makes no sense to me. I wish everyone would get on the same page and stop being confusing. Ok my rant is over now.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Michigan honors all issued permits provided you are a resident of the state that issued your permit.

Ok so maybe I am reading it wrong. I read it to say they only accept there own issued permits.

From http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/michigan.pdf

Michigan honors all Resident Permit/Licenses. No Non-Resident Permits/Licenses are honored.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

VIP Member
    From Handgunlaw.us

"Michigan honors all other resident Permits/Licenses to carry concealed firearms.
    Michigan honors all Resident Permit/Licenses. No Non-Resident Permits/Licenses are honored."

If you have a permit from your home state, you can carry in MI. If you have a, for instance, FL permit and live in NC, you can only carry in MI on your NC permit.

The answer to your thread title is, however, Detroit.
    mel and mdmorgan like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Man that is confusing. Also isn't it funny that most of the cities that are against guns have the highest crime rates.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parkersdad View Post
    Man that is confusing.
    Yeah, the key word is "other".

Quote Originally Posted by parkersdad View Post
    Also isn't it funny that most of the cities that are against guns have the highest crime rates.
    In most big cities, the elected officials are not in it for the betterment of the citizenry and the citizens are too apathetic to vote them out because of all the handouts the politicians provide to the citizens.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Yep, if your permit is issued in the same state you reside in your welcome to come concealed to Michigan.
    Lets see, your coming in July so most of the snow should be melted by then.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Michigan is actually one of the better states for firearm owners, and enjoys mutual recognition with a lot of other states. My CO permit supplemented with UT or FL doesn't let me carry in as many states as a Michigan resident with a Michigan permit.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    What is wrong with Michigan?
    Uncle Ted left...he's in Texas now, collecting his "straps".
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And if you are from Illinois, which of course does not allow CC and therefore no permits are available, even though I have Utah and Fl CC permits, I can still not carry in Michigan. Is this correct?
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Check this out, this may help

MCRGO - Michigan Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Unkle Ted comes back a forth. His ranch is down near Jackson Mi.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Gauis you are correct sir.
    oneshot likes this.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

parkersdad, please check if there are different rules to carrying in Michigan than your homestate. They will supercede those of another state.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Quote Originally Posted by borglyn View Post
    parkersdad, please check if there are different rules to carrying in Michigan than your homestate. They will supercede those of another state.
    Actually we are more CC friendly than many other, for one you can CC in restaurants which many states do not allow, and you can CC in an establishment that serves Liquor here the 51% rule applies, (they place must make over 51% of their income from booze before it becomes a no carry zone).
    Our castle law is among st the best in the nation, any place you have a legal right to be you can defend with out a duty to retreat, and if you posses an valid CCW permit you can OC in areas that are off limits to all others such as a stadium, theater (that seats over 2500) just like a LEO can per MI AG opinion...
    oneshot and MotorCityGun like this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links