Help me please! Decisions decisions - Page 3

Help me please! Decisions decisions

This is a discussion on Help me please! Decisions decisions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for all the responses. You guys turned out to be a helpful bunch. I went to the local shop today, and decided on a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help me please! Decisions decisions

Thanks for all the responses. You guys turned out to be a helpful bunch. I went to the local shop today, and decided on a Sig 238. Not the ideal caliber, but it is the size I want, and shot like a charm. I know some of you are anti .380, and I understand why. But i figured that between the G26 and the Sig 238 I'd have a good combination of size and firepower. So thanks for all the help!

I personally like the .380 and will be carrying a Bersa until my Crossbreed holster for my G36 is here.
    That being said, a main motivator for me buying a .45 acp was a larger round with more stopping power to replace my .380. You might want to consider a similar need in the future.
    If you like the sig because of sig, they sell similar sized 9mm. If you like the 1911 feel, springfield armory has the EMP.
    Also, if you get a smaller 9mm than your G36, you can still use the same 9mm ammo, so no need to buy different ammo for each gun.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. You guys turned out to be a helpful bunch. I went to the local shop today, and decided on a Sig 238. Not the ideal caliber, but it is the size I want, and shot like a charm. I know some of you are anti .380, and I understand why. But i figured that between the G26 and the Sig 238 I'd have a good combination of size and firepower. So thanks for all the help!
    Congrats on your purchase - now go practice!!!

To me, licensed/legal-CC is a compromise of many factors. The way I see it, you make do with what you can: strive for the best, but understand that there will be compromises - and understand what those compromises are, and how they may affect you/the fight: and train to win.

I am 5'10" 220lb. I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 40c daily in a Milt Sparks VM2 - Used to carry it in an M-TAC but the wait came to an end hehe.

A 1911 is not unrealistic. Bear in mind I carry that while dressed in business casual with my dress shirt tucked in & my LEO friends can not tell I am carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    Personally, I like .380's. I'm carrying one right now in a Galco Concealable holster somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00. It fits tight against my body at that spot and a polo shirt covers it. It's right at the point where I can lean all the way back in an office chair and the gun and holster aren't between me and the back of the chair. That's the perfect spot for me. You have to play around a bit to find the perfect spot for you. If you're like me, the first holster you buy won't end up being the right one either.

I carry a G26 IWB with a Kholster and didn't change my pants size, It doesn't take up the room you think in does. Others holsters may.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links