Drug tests and CC?

Drug tests and CC?

This is a discussion on Drug tests and CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to take a pre-employment drug test today, so I went in, filled out the paper work, and listened to the standard spiel about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Drug tests and CC?

Drug tests and CC?

I had to take a pre-employment drug test today, so I went in, filled out the paper work, and listened to the standard spiel about how they've set it up so I can't cheat. I was caught a little off guard when they told me that I couldn't have any items on my person, though. I knew the girl doing it, so I lifted my shirt up to expose my 1911 and said, "Does this count?" She laughed and said it probably did. The good news is that she had a box just big enough for it to fit in. She let me lock it up and keep the key till I was done, so that was pretty good. After it was all done I re-armed and we chatted for a bit while she was packaging everything up. She seemed pretty cool about the whole thing, and I'm glad it was someone I knew.

I'm not sure how I would've handled it if it was someone I didn't know. Is it worth the risk of not mentioning it, compared to the risk of a bad reaction? What would you guys do?

Unusual...

I've had drug tests done, but it was with an observer....never requested to leave "items" behind.

Lesson learned for you next time...lock it up in the car before going to the test.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Unusual...

I've had drug tests done, but it was with an observer....never requested to leave "items" behind.

Lesson learned for you next time...lock it up in the car before going to the test.
    Ya, that's the plan for next time. I thought it was pretty weird too, but I figured it best to cooperate, since I really want this job and this was the last step.

Whew, do they think you're carrying a squirt gun full of non water? That's funny no matter how you look at it. This brings a whole new meaning to "+P" ammo.
    Spidey2011, First Sgt and BkCo1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Whew, do they think you're carrying a squirt gun full of non water? That's funny no matter how you look at it. This brings a whole new meaning to "+P" ammo.
    Actually a whole new industry has sprung up just for drug tests, who woulda thunk. Pass a Drug test Transporter Kits - The reliable way to Pass a Urine test.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Yeah, but if you're trying to pass a drug test, wouldn't you want '-P' ammo? Positive wouldn't be so good.

Just don't get your weapon and your "gun" confused,handing in a urine container with a hole in it would require some splainin
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I just took one Had no problem they did not know thwt I had one one.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I actually knew a guy who used a Whizzinator (prothstetic weiner and fake urine bladder) to pass a pee test.

I too had a pre-employment drug tests a few months back and luckily I left my LCP locked in the car. When I went to take the test I had to empty my pockets and who knows what kind of reaction I would have gotten.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

How times have changed. Back in the day you typically filled out a one page employment application with a couple of references and that was it.

Today you complete a multi-page application, they check your credit references, criminal history, drug test, search your social network pages, etc., etc. Then you complete a two hour sexual harrassment course, two hour business ethics course and a two hour anti-bribery course.

Yes, it sounds like a good idea to secure the firearm before arriving for this test.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Drug tested once a month...but it's on an Army base

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Drug tested once a month...but it's on an Army base
    Do you have a Top Secret clearance or is that standard practice now?
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

I have been randomly selected by a computer system twelve times in five years. We are called while on duty to submit our sample. They also run credit and background checks on us randomly but at least once a year. I work in a bio-defense and research facility so I know the FBI and CDC are involved in my clearance and also have a copy of my finger prints.

A lot of companies are going to the hair test now. No issues with the pee swap/whizzinator stuff and it can detect drugs back 6 months. I know a local company that called hundreds of employees that had been layed off back to work and they had to pass hair drug tests. Several guys showed up having shaved every hair from their entire bodies. Hmmm, not suspicious at all, huh? I guess you could get a weave or toupe of some sort made with someone else's hair, but you wouldn't know where they are going to take the sample from though. The bottom line is more and more of your business is becoming your employer's business. Especially with social media network policies. Employers are also now testing for nicotine and refusing to hire tobacco users. And others are charging more for insurance for smokers or making only one particular plan offering based on screening results. If being employable means you have to be perfect BMI with perfect blood pressure and blood work, no smoking, no drugs, no drinking, and not own guns then I'd say the unemployment rate is going to increase.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links