wichita, ks concealed carry

This is a discussion on wichita, ks concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; does anybody know of any concealed carry class dates in wichita, ks or within 75 miles of there starting after june 29th. thanks...

does anybody know of any concealed carry class dates in wichita, ks or within 75 miles of there starting after june 29th. thanks

Check this site KSCCW.com is growing...

I do know of one in the Dodge City area (140 miles west of Wichita) on July 16 $80.00 lunch served.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Class held at private meeting room. Range time at the Bulletstop We provide certified (8) hour training classes for Missouri and Kansas residents who wish to apply for their concealed carry permit. All classes are taught by instructors with extensive experience in training law enforcement, military and civilian clients and all have law enforcement, military and/or NRA training certifications. We keep the cost of classes affordable the class cost includes all course materials, certificates, range time, targets and loan of a .22 caliber handgun if you do not have a gun to use for class. We teach classes in the Johnson County / KCKs area, the KCMo area, St. Joseph and the Northland and Wichita. Cost $75. Dee 816-294-9964 For more info or to sign up for a class: Bill Regina 816-699-4005 / specgroupsrt@yahoo.com

Bill and Dee are great people and train in Wichita often.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

i was going to get my concealed carry in north carolina, but ended up not applying. i took the class in north carolina, will i have to take the kansas course too or will a kansas instructor sign off on me for a kansas concealed carry.

You're gonna have to take a class from a KS certified instructor, and jump through the hoops like the other 34000 of us.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Also can check out : HitsOnTarget.com Welcome
    Ken is a great instructor and normally has a lot of classes scheduled.

I'm not familiar with the requirements of No Carolina, but.... I'm betting you'll have to take the class because one requirement of the class is learning the laws in Kansas. I'm sure they didn't cover that in the No. Carolina class.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Dirk with Defensive Strategies in Rose Hill has a couple of classes in July. You may give him a call or contact him via e-mail.

Search ResultsDefensive Strategies | Concealed Carry and Firearm Training for ...Mobile Phone: (316) 641-2883. Fax: (316) 776-0122. E-Mail: dirk@ defensivestrategies.net

Quote Originally Posted by kansas84 View Post
    i was going to get my concealed carry in north carolina, but ended up not applying. i took the class in north carolina, will i have to take the kansas course too or will a kansas instructor sign off on me for a kansas concealed carry.
    Since you have taken the course, get the NC-CCW. The laws changed in KS. and as I understand it, you do not have to go to the class again. Go to the KS AG website and see the faq.

Are there any exemptions to the required 8-hour training class?
    o Answer: Yes. Law enforcement officers retired less than 8 years are not
    required to take the training class, all others must complete the required
    training.
    o Update: On and after July 1, 2010, Kansas CCH law will have a definition of
    what is required from an individual to demonstrate their “retired” status. This
    definition closely mirrors 18 USC 926C. See, S.B. 306 5 (amending KSA
    75-7c05(g)).
    o Update: Also, Licensees from a recognized jurisdiction who establish
    residency in Kansas on or after July 1, 2010 will be able to submit a copy of
    their valid CCH license from that recognized jurisdiction and utilize that
    license as a bypass for taking the Kansas 8 hour training course.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Class held at private meeting room. Range time at the Bulletstop We provide certified (8) hour training classes for Missouri and Kansas residents who wish to apply for their concealed carry permit. All classes are taught by instructors with extensive experience in training law enforcement, military and civilian clients and all have law enforcement, military and/or NRA training certifications. We keep the cost of classes affordable the class cost includes all course materials, certificates, range time, targets and loan of a .22 caliber handgun if you do not have a gun to use for class. We teach classes in the Johnson County / KCKs area, the KCMo area, St. Joseph and the Northland and Wichita. Cost $75. Dee 816-294-9964 For more info or to sign up for a class: Bill Regina 816-699-4005 / specgroupsrt@yahoo.com

Bill and Dee are great people and train in Wichita often.

+1 on SRT Group. Bill and Dee are top notch!

I went through Mike Cordell at TDSK 316-993-6533, he is a Mulvane cop and Glock Armorer.
    TacticalDefenseSolutions@cox.net
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

im only going to be back in kansas for a little while. i wanted to try to see if there were any classes going on between 5th-9th. the reason i didn't get my north carolina one is the sheriff down here makes the military fill out a different form and will make you jump though many more hoops than a civilian would have to. he also doesn't like the military and likes to deny applications to military members for stupid reasons, like, forgot to dot an i, forgot period, little things like that so he has a reason for denial of the application. its just not worth getting it down here.

Kansas84, check the KS-AG site, there are certain conditions for military that can exempt you as well. If are not sure, give them a call. They are very easy to talk to and want to help.

Thanks for serving,

Ks kid

they are customer friendly here in the AG's office, and if you call them they'll get you on the right track without any unnecessary steps.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links