Wisconsin on the way!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin on the way! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From the article : MADISON, Wis. -- Lawmakers in Wisconsin, one of the last states to prohibit the carrying of concealed weapons, approved lifting the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wisconsin on the way!

Wisconsin on the way!

From the article:

MADISON, Wis. -- Lawmakers in Wisconsin, one of the last states to prohibit the carrying of concealed weapons, approved lifting the ban Tuesday and sent Republican Gov. Scott Walker a measure he is expected to quickly sign into law.

Let's hope the Gov. signs it.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Awesome! Hoping for some form of reciprocity...

Ditto. I didn't see anything in the article about reciprocity, but I'm sure the folks at handgunlaws will be on top of things. Minneapolis being so close to WI, I need to know where we're riding BEFORE we ride, so I can carry or not. I would rather just carry.

VIP Member
    From what I've seen and heard the governor said he would sign it if it made it to his desk. Of course he is a politician, so you never know what he'll do.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

And some in WI still don't, won't ever get it.

Concealed Carry a Hollow Victory

Fun to read the comments, most seem to be taking the author to task, quite firmly.

When will the anti's ever understand, there will not be blood running in the streets when CCW becomes the law.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

In some ways it's a better law than MN- no training requirement, state shall issue, and will have reciprocity with any state that includes a background check as part of the permitting. Now we just have to wait until next year for it to go into effect!
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    In some ways it's a better law than MN- no training requirement, state shall issue, and will have reciprocity with any state that includes a background check as part of the permitting. Now we just have to wait until next year for it to go into effect!
    There is a training requirement under the new WI law, but it's not as stringent as MN. It doesn't require the permit applicant to fire the weapon during training. Unfortunately, I think this means MN won't allow reciprocity, but I'm not certain of that. Either way, from what I understand, it means Minnesotans will be able to carry in WI.

As a Wis resident i feel compelled to toss in my 2cents. since we call ourselves the "progressive state" all the attention this has generated has been extremely emabarassing, second to last place in the big race. Eugene Kane and his friends has been dodging bullets in there neighborhoods all their lives, alot of help they've gotten from that eastern lib Ed Flynn. thanks MN for your support in this issue, you guys have been friendly rivals in sports. you have a beautiful state to visit, and in my trips there i haven't felt inimidated by gun toting "Gophers". my relatives who reside there have not been shot full of holes, so all is good in Minn. good luck on the reciprocity though, we still have along way to go with our liberal media here.

There is a training requirement. The qualifications have been a bit varied, so until the bill is passed I'm waiting to see the finalized eligibility requirements. I know that hunters safety certificate was one of the qualifiers throughout all of the variants discussed. I also believe former LEOs are pre-qualified.

Basically, if you were born after the date that grandfathers you in for a hunters education certificate and have completed the course you are good to go. You will need your card on hand to fill out the paperwork. If you have lost it, or yours was as cheap as mine was and fell apart, you can get one re-printed from your local DNR office, or go on-line and pay to download one that you can print out. Which is what I did. It cost me $3.75 to print out a new card, and I have the PDF file saved so I can print it out again as needed.

Although training is important, I do not think it should be required.
    It's RKBA, not RKBA(With Training).OMOYMV

Go WI!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by WIright View Post
    As a Wis resident i feel compelled to toss in my 2cents. since we call ourselves the "progressive state" all the attention this has generated has been extremely emabarassing, second to last place in the big race. Eugene Kane and his friends has been dodging bullets in there neighborhoods all their lives, alot of help they've gotten from that eastern lib Ed Flynn. thanks MN for your support in this issue, you guys have been friendly rivals in sports. you have a beautiful state to visit, and in my trips there i haven't felt inimidated by gun toting "Gophers". my relatives who reside there have not been shot full of holes, so all is good in Minn. good luck on the reciprocity though, we still have along way to go with our liberal media here.
    Well said WIright!

I'll add that Wisconsin is also a nice state. I manage to drive through every couple of years to visit relatives in Minnesota. As another Wisconsin neighbor I can tell you that the streets in Michigan are not running red with blood.

I would not be nervous being in a room full of gun toting Gophers, or gun toting cheese heads! Get out there and get your training requirements met and then you only have a four month wait before you can do your Wally World Walk.

GM
    It sounds very good! Illinois will be the only state that does not allow a private citizen to carry a a handgun

"The weapons would be barred anywhere within 1,000 feet of school grounds, police stations, jails and prisons, courthouses, secure mental health facilities, and beyond airport security checkpoints."

I hope they do not add more places to that list.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Although training is important, I do not think it should be required.
    It's RKBA, not RKBA(With Training).OMOYMV

Go WI!
    Is there a place on this forum that deciphers acronyms? What the heck is RKBA? OMOYMV; I get the your mileage may vary but what's the OMO part? Thanks!
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    RKBA = right to keep and bear arms
    OMO = only my opinion

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by sliponby View Post
    Is there a place on this forum that deciphers acronyms? What the heck is RKBA? OMOYMV; I get the your mileage may vary but what's the OMO part? Thanks!
    Here is an acronyms list that will make your life easier:
    Defensive Carry - Acronyms

This is very good too:
    Acronyms List
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links