mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm

This is a discussion on mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow. Lots of mistakes here. Lucky someone wasn't killed, TWICE....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm

Wow. Lots of mistakes here. Lucky someone wasn't killed, TWICE.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Another classic example of the law allowing brothers and sisters to get married and having children that like toy guns
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Unbelievable! I bet there were some highly ticked off folks at that gun show. I always take my son with me to gun shows. That seller would have gotten a piece of my mind for sure. Talk about negligent!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Could just be me, but it sounds like this gun loaded itself and grew a mind of its own. Someone should dispose of this evil gun before it shoots s CCW persons foot off.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    How? It clearly had a loaded mag in it if it fired twice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    magazine disconnect safety would have prevented this.........
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I was there with my 12 year old just minutes before this happened. It does not give me the warm and fuzzy feelings about going back. I remember seeing a little girl there that might have been the one that got hurt. It could have been me that got hurt or worse. I won't go back until something has changed

DUMB and DUMBER in action ....

"Gee, I can't believe it did that .....let me see it.... BANG .... it did it again " ...... OMG...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    magazine disconnect safety would have prevented this.........

Yeah, or someone with a brain bigger than a gnat!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Quote Originally Posted by FBurdine57 View Post
    Was at this gun show after the incident occurred. The Gibtaltar trade center is always having those carrying concealed checked but seems to be a bit lax on checking the dealers as this incident shows. Noticed numbers of guns on open display with no banding. A number of the dealers said this was not a dealer but someone selling his own collection of guns. Was told after the 1rst discharge by the female customer the owner removed the magazine but did not check the chamber and then for some unknown reason also pulled the trigger resulting in the second discharge. A case of dumb and dumber. Hear the seller is banned from any future shows and sheriff's department is investigating to see if they will charge him with anything
    They could charge him with 1st degree stupidity. The lady that did the first ND should get off with 3rd degree stupidity.

We are the home of the 0-16 Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you want?
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

It is amazing that some people still persist in spelling Negligent as "accidental"
    Tzadik, MotorCityGun and Stubborn like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    It is amazing that some people still persist in spelling Negligent as "accidental"
    I still say the correct spelling is M O R O N
    A weapon fires when the owner doesn't really intend for it to, either A. Mechanical Failure, or B. Because he's a Moron. it's not a accident that's he's negligent, he's negligent because he lacks enough intelligence to follow safety procedures, thus he's a moron.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    I still say the correct spelling is M O R O N
    A weapon fires when the owner doesn't really intend for it to, either A. Mechanical Failure, or B. Because he's a Moron. it's not a accident that's he's negligent, he's negligent because he lacks enough intelligence to follow safety procedures, thus he's a moron.
    Around here we say the best part of him ran down his daddy's leg!
    This is classic Stupid. First for what ever reason the gun was not checked BEFORE the show to make sure it wasn't loaded. Then it wasn't zip tied. Both of those are on the owner. The lady that picked it up should not have pulled the trigger. To make matters worse the owner drops the mag, but doesn't clear the chamber and pulls the trigger AGAIN? That's three strikes against the owner, send him up the river!

Quote Originally Posted by doctori View Post
    I won't go back until something has changed
    What would you like to see changed?
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

If the Vendor had a table there to sell guns then fine them or ban them. They should know the condition of their weapons that they have on display. The gun inspection station should be in a secure area when entering the show. It should be outside of the building. There is only one entrance to the gun show area. Also, IMHO no one under the age of 18 should be admitted to the area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links