mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm - Page 3

mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm

This is a discussion on mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Snatale42 Theres no doubt a missing part to that story I think it was the common sense...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: mt clemens michigan accidental discharge of firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Theres no doubt a missing part to that story
    I think it was the common sense

Quote Originally Posted by doctori View Post
    If the Vendor had a table there to sell guns then fine them or ban them. They should know the condition of their weapons that they have on display. The gun inspection station should be in a secure area when entering the show. It should be outside of the building. There is only one entrance to the gun show area. Also, IMHO no one under the age of 18 should be admitted to the area.
    I've only been to the Gilbrater Trade Center for a gun show once, but I seem to recall there were two public entrances to the show. I don't know how the vendors that are using tables come in. I would suggest they should have a gun inspection area for anyone bringing in guns for sale or display.

AS I said before I actually had considered going to this show but it's a fairly long drive. I usually wait for the show in Birch Run.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    That's incredible! What in the world...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    I still say the correct spelling is M O R O N
    A weapon fires when the owner doesn't really intend for it to, either A. Mechanical Failure, or B. Because he's a Moron. it's not a accident that's he's negligent, he's negligent because his parents had an accident, thus he's a moron.
    ---->well something along those lines...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Another 'accident' I see... Doesn't look good on us as a whole unfortunately.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I've only been to the Gilbrater Trade Center for a gun show once, but I seem to recall there were two public entrances to the show. I don't know how the vendors that are using tables come in. I would suggest they should have a gun inspection area for anyone bringing in guns for sale or display.

AS I said before I actually had considered going to this show but it's a fairly long drive. I usually wait for the show in Birch Run.
    The shows that they hold at the Rock Financial expo center in Novi is also a decent venue. However, Birch Run is probably closer to you.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctori View Post
    If the Vendor had a table there to sell guns then fine them or ban them. They should know the condition of their weapons that they have on display. The gun inspection station should be in a secure area when entering the show. It should be outside of the building. There is only one entrance to the gun show area. Also, IMHO no one under the age of 18 should be admitted to the area.
    I don't think putting an 18 yr old minimum restriction will make these shows safer. Heck, my 11 yr old (grand) nephew has more common sense than a lot of 18 yr olds. Plus, I've drilled safe gun handling into his head and practices starting out with a BB pistol.
    oneshot likes this.

There have been some things done about this but not enough. The dealer is banned from Gibraltar Trade Center and is also facing criminal charges. The dealers should have to go through the same scrutiny that the customers have to go through.

Weapons dealer faces charges after gun discharges at Mount Clemens gun show - dailytribune.com

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I don't think putting an 18 yr old minimum restriction will make these shows safer. Heck, my 11 yr old (grand) nephew has more common sense than a lot of 18 yr olds. Plus, I've drilled safe gun handling into his head and practices starting out with a BB pistol.
    I have to agree with you on this. I remember going to these shows as a child and because of how I was raised I showed more common sense and respect for firearms than most of the adults there.

/\ So would stupidity theres always one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    magazine disconnect safety would have prevented this.........
    A brain would have too!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's that stupid finger again.

Let me get this straight, the gun was already fired ONCE, and someone else picked it up and fired it AGAIN?

Such imbeciles... What kind of moron gun dealer are we looking at here who picks up a weapon that *just* fired a round and pulls the trigger a second time?!?!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    magazine disconnect safety would have prevented this.........
    NO! Keeping their finger off the trigger would have prevented this. You can't legislate laws to protect stupid people from themselves.
    I don't want a mag. disconnect safety on mine thanks.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah seems like story is incomplete
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links