Quinn ok with no concealed weapons in Illinois

This is a discussion on Quinn ok with no concealed weapons in Illinois within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An Associated Press release said thursday that IL. Gov. Pat Quinn said he has no problem with IL. being the only state where it is ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By vic40204
  • 1 Post By JTP
  • 1 Post By Dennis1209

Thread: Quinn ok with no concealed weapons in Illinois

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar

Quinn ok with no concealed weapons in Illinois

An Associated Press release said thursday that IL. Gov. Pat Quinn said he has no problem with IL. being the only state where it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon.
    Quinn stood by his opposition to letting residents carry concealed guns--just days after lawmakers in neighboring Wisconsin passed a law to lift that state's ban.
    Quinn maintains most IL. residents don't approve of concealed weapons. He said public safety must come first. Quinn feels that in too many places in IL. there's a violence epidemic and he believes allowing citizen's to arm themselves would only add to the problem.

Wow! If ever there was an egotistical, self-delusional, uninformed idiot, Pat Quinn takes the cake. He actually believes that he is right and the rest of the country is wrong about concealed carry laws. How would he even know that most IL. residents don't approve of concealed weapons. The only people he talks to are other IL. thugs and political "yes" men with an occasional Chicago hoodlum who, of course are against concealed carry by honest citizen's. They don't want the competition. They prey on unarmed sheeple. Why doesn't he retire like his buddy Dick Daley and give the honest citizen's in IL. a break for a change?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    That behavior is typical of an anti-gun elitist.

Unless he has polled every single citizen of Illinois, his statements are nothing but lies.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Just another elitist who has taxpayer paid security provided that thinks his life is more valuable than the serfs he rules.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yep the chance of somebody getting shot during a robbery,burglary,or rape rise when people are allowed to use their god given right to self defense The statement he made makes it ok to be a victim,but god forbid if you should ever want to defend yourself.This is a challenge to all the Illinois Residents that don't see things his way to vote for a pro 2nd amendment Governor and state reps so they can get a CHL bill passed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sounds like IL. needs to vote someone out of office.

History in IL...Dick Daley...a fitting first name!
    'Nuff said 'bout IL...live there and love it, or move.
    One gets what he/she votes for...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    This is a challenge to all the Illinois Residents that don't see things his way to vote for a pro 2nd amendment Governor and state reps so they can get a CHL bill passed
    I dont see it changing any time soon, and here is why...

Illinois is a very rural state. I went through highschool there. What you have are several big citys with a majority of the population in them. The rest of it is mostly prarie and farmland with lots of space but not much population. Chicago and Chicago Metro are the big hitters on anything that gets voted on. Chicago is one of the largest bastions of Liberalism in the United States, with all of the disease that goes with that thought process.

Although many people in Illinois are hard working red blooded Americans, they are constantly overuled by the liberal slobs in the big citys. Since Chigaco has been ruled by Mobsters since the days of Prohibition, it more than likely wont get any better, at least not in our lifetimes.

All one has to do is listen to the statements made by the ruling elite to get the big picture.
    Gunnutty likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

One of my daughters is stuck living in the peoples republic of ILL. Her husband retired from the AF at Scott AFB and is now working there as a civilian. They are trying to get a transfer back to OH, but with the job market as it is, things don't look promising. I grew up next to Chicago (Gary, IN) back in the 40s-50s. Chicago has always been run by the democrat political "machine", which is largely crooked and has been since before Al Capone. Dead people from the cemetaries regularly vote in Chicago elections. And as been previously said, Chicago and the county run the entire state! There are a lot of people in the more rural areas, and down state, who are like the rest of the "logical" normal people in other states. However, they are greatly outnumbered by the elitist leftist liberals and crooks in Chicago. Chicago is not "legally" the capital of Illinois, but in actuallity it is! It "controls" the state.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    As long as Chicago is ruled by the likes of King Daley I, King Daley II and Obama's henchman Rahm Emanuel, the state will never change. The only hope for the people of Illinois is a clean sweep of the NE corner of the state.
    RugerMak likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

He probably carries a pistol himself.

Vic.
    RugerMak likes this.

JTP
    Quinn maintains most IL. residents don't approve of concealed weapons. He said public safety must come first. Quinn feels that in too many places in IL. there's a violence epidemic and he believes allowing citizen's to arm themselves would only add to the problem.

I lived for many years in downstate Illinois and where I am sure CC is strongly supported whether the citizen is a Republican or a Democrat. The votes against CC came from Chicago and the Collar Suburbs. I believe the laws will change in the next several years.

I live in Tx now where gun ownership and CC is supported by a a majority population. However even if Illinois changed the law to permit CC a relatively very large number of citizens who would choose to carry will not be able to due to employer restrictions against possession of a gun. I face that issue every day.
    RugerMak likes this.

I'll be a happy camper when Quinn joins his buddies Ryan and Bag-O-Bitc?

former 38 yr. Illinois veteran / me
    RugerMak likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Wonder if Quinn would be OK with loosing his ARMED security detail???

Well...I suspect that he polled his fellow elected officials, who represent their constituents, and in turn speak for them...ergo his statement is correct, a majority of IL opposes CC.

"I asked Bob, and he speaks for 1.2 million IL residents, and he said "No CC." Then I asked Mike, he speaks for 900k IL residents, and he said "No CC." Then Mary walked in, she speaks for 1.5 million IL residents, she was a little more blunt and said "Hell no."

Forgive me, I am a little loopy this morning.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Yea and all 3 represent Chitcago districts; you KNOW he didn't anyone from the southern tip!!

Links