Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me)

This is a discussion on Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I get it. I should have called the cops. I'm 21, just started carrying, never thought I'd actually have to pull it. You guys are ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me)

I get it. I should have called the cops. I'm 21, just started carrying, never thought I'd actually have to pull it. You guys are missing the entire point of the post. I've never been happier to have decided to start carrying. It saved me from possible great injury/death. Assured me that me and the girl I love were protected. This was me sharing an event that happened to me where it proved it's essential to carry a weapon. I appreciate the constructive critism, I myself knew after I should have called the police. Look at the bright side. Going to sleep, night.
    First off, didn't you have to take a training course in order to get your CWL? That course SHOULD have taught you that ANY time you pull your weapon, you need to call the police and make a report in order to keep from losing not only some money, but your freedom, your guns, and anything else you value. If the course didn't teach you even the basics of carrying (obviously it didn't or you wouldn't have exited your vehicle in order to continue the confrontation) then the instructor needs to be reprimanded by whoever is in charge of deciding who is and isn't approved to teach the classes. Part of carrying a lethal weapon is knowing HOW to avoid confrontation, knowning WHEN to simply walk away, and having the ability to swallow your pride and let the other person think he won. As long as you and your family go home safe, you're the real winner. Even a small mistake when carrying can have life changing (or life ending) consequences.

I suggest signing up for a QUALITY basic concealed carry course ASAP, such as some of the courses offered by Talon Training Group.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Florida View Post
    I know, after it was all said and done, I knew I should have called the cops. It all just happened so fast.
    So does getting arrested...

Call the cops, and at least make a report. Perhaps someone in Mickey-D's saw something.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida View Post
    Well....I do appreciate y'alls input, and I'll remember it, and exercise it in the future.
    And with that we are going to let this one go. We're starting to get a lot of recycled postings and the OP has already acknowledged his intentions to accept the advice given.

These threads always get a LOT of attention because these are the life or death situations we prepare for and how we handle them (our mindset before them, our actions and perceptions during them (even about ourselves, our attackers and our tools) and the aftermath after we get out of them) is exceptionally important.

I hope we all learned a thing or two, today.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links