Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me)

This is a discussion on Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This morning at McDonals me and my girlfriend decided to stop through the drive thru at McDonalds. The lady at the window was taking forever ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me)

Today at McDonalds, Firearm drawn (by me)

This morning at McDonals me and my girlfriend decided to stop through the drive thru at McDonalds. The lady at the window was taking forever to take my order. I finally placed my order and as I pulled up the the window she asked me to pull forward and they would bring me my food, so I did. As I'm waiting, with both my windows down, and car pulls up on the right hand side, and started cursing me out saying "you think it's cool to take forever to order your food, people have jobs," and immediately drove off. He drove about 30 yards away, slammed on his brakes, gets out of the car and starts walking torwards me screaming "I'll beat the out of you etc etc", mind you, all for no reason. So i get out of the car and we're standing about 10 yards from each other and I say "look man I don't know what your problem is but I think you need to get in your car and leave". Which apparently only further irritated him. He them pulled about an eight inch blade from his pocket and started speed walking torwards me. (p.s. i'm only 21 and just got my CWP about 4 months ago) As he gets about 5 yards from my I draw my weapon and tell him if he takes one more step I will fire. He immediately folded his knife up, put it in his pocket and walked back to his car. I didn't call the cops, I just got in my car and left. It was a scary thought and never really hit me, even though I know I will defend myself with lethal force if need be, that for the couple of seconds where my weapon was drawn that I might actually have to shoot someone. That's it lol, just wanted to share. p.s., I just bought a new carry gun that I was wearing for the first day, Glock 27 4th gen, and had to pull it.
    Last edited by HotGuns; June 25th, 2011 at 02:03 AM. Reason: unacceptable language workarounds
    NIS350ZTT likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Did you get your food and was the order right?

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Call the cops ASAP
    Katana, 10thmtn, bps3040 and 3 others like this.

Haha, I got the food, but the pancakes where dry.

If someone saw you and they called the cops on a man with a gun you may have ended up in a felony stop. Or if he called first and said you pulled a gun on him. Always cya when you have a situation where you need to present your weapon to stop a threat.

You should have got a plate number and called 911,you just pulled a gun on a guy you described as coming at you with a knife,what do you think would happen if he got your tag and called 911 and reported some crazy guy with a gun just threatened me with it?Cops show up you got a gun and the only other witness is YOUR Girlfriend,It may not end well for you,only thing that might save your Mcbacon is any surveillance cameras that showed your side.If it's serious enough that you have to draw then It's serious enough to call the cops
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    It is irresponsible to not report this incident. Did you get a licensee plate and description, were there any other witnesses? Call the police and give them this info.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You should have got a plate number and called 911,you just pulled a gun on a guy you described as coming at you with a knife,what do you think would happen if he got your tag and called 911 and reported some crazy guy with a gun just threatened me with it?Cops show up you got a gun and the only other witness is YOUR Girlfriend,It may not end well for you,only thing that might save your Mcbacon is any surveillance cameras that showed your side.If it's serious enough that you have to draw then It's serious enough to call the cops
    Hopefully the surveillance tapes will be pulled when the police report is filed.

I know, after it was all said and done, I knew I should have called the cops. It all just happened so fast.

I don't mean to pile on, but you should of called the cops. But everything is better in hindsight. And now you know better if there is a next time.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Florida View Post
    This morning at McDonals me and my girlfriend decided to stop through the drive thru at McDonalds. The lady at the window was taking forever to take my order. I finally placed my order and as I pulled up the the window she asked me to pull forward and they would bring me my food, so I did. As I'm waiting, with both my windows down, and car pulls up on the right hand side, and started cursing me out saying "you think it's cool to take forever to order your food, people have jobs," and immediately drove off. He drove about 30 yards away, slammed on his brakes, gets out of the car and starts walking torwards me screaming "I'll beat the out of you etc etc", mind you, all for no reason. So i get out of the car and we're standing about 10 yards from each other and I say "look man I don't know what your problem is but I think you need to get in your car and leave". Which apparently only further irritated him. He them pulled about an eight inch blade from his pocket and started speed walking torwards me. (p.s. i'm only 21 and just got my CWP about 4 months ago) As he gets about 5 yards from my I draw my weapon and tell him if he takes one more step I will fire. He immediately folded his knife up, put it in his pocket and walked back to his car. I didn't call the cops, I just got in my car and left. It was a scary thought and never really hit me, even though I know I will defend myself with lethal force if need be, that for the couple of seconds where my weapon was drawn that I might actually have to shoot someone. That's it lol, just wanted to share. p.s., I just bought a new carry gun that I was wearing for the first day, Glock 27 4th gen, and had to pull it.
    Three things you did seriously wrong, in my opinion. First of all, you should have raised your windows immediately. That is an act of safety. Secondly, you should never have gotten out of you car. I don't know about other states, but I do know that in Louisiana, if you get out of your vehicle in a road rage situation, its a act of aggression. Third, like everyone else said, call the police immediately. I would have called 911 on speaker as soon as he slammed on his brakes 30 yards away and got out of his vehicle.

My harsh words may annoy some, but just my opinion.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I get it. I should have called the cops. I'm 21, just started carrying, never thought I'd actually have to pull it. You guys are missing the entire point of the post. I've never been happier to have decided to start carrying. It saved me from possible great injury/death. Assured me that me and the girl I love were protected. This was me sharing an event that happened to me where it proved it's essential to carry a weapon. I appreciate the constructive critism, I myself knew after I should have called the police. Look at the bright side. Going to sleep, night.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Three things you did seriously wrong, in my opinion. First of all, you should have raised your windows immediately. That is an act of safety. Secondly, you should never have gotten out of you car. I don't know about other states, but I do know that in Louisiana, if you get out of your vehicle in a road rage situation, its a act of aggression. Third, like everyone else said, call the police immediately. I would have called 911 on speaker as soon as he slammed on his brakes 30 yards away and got out of his vehicle.

My harsh words may annoy some, but just my opinion.

This may sound immature but he was asking for a fight and I was going to give it to him, Where I'm from a little fight in the parking lot is just that, a fight. I've been in many fights and this was just going to be another...whatever. However, this is the first time someone challenged me to a fight and then decided to pull a knife, it fliped the entire script. I know it seems you guys play by the book, to the T (not being mean at all, it's good, and informing me on the legality of things is excellent, I truly appreciate it and will use it in the future) but come on when you were 21 and someone challanged you a fight did you just roll up your windows and call the police? Relax. I know owning a gun is a HUGE responsibility and I don't take it lightly. Maybe I did a few things wrong but, I had every right to pull my weapon.

Just a couple of observations... At what point would you have felt it may have been better to just drive off and avoid a confrontation completely? Was the McGriddle worth having to shoot someone in order for you not to lose out on the employee bringing you your bag of food?

Some nut job rants and screams at you as he drives by and then, when he just couldn't let it go after that, he stops his car 30 yards away and steps out screaming threats of violence, and walking quickly towards you... That's my cue to leave!

I'm waiting until he's halfway between me and his car, and then driving off as I call the police. Trust me, the only good gunfight is the one you're not attending. (Of course, then you don't get to use the infamous line, "Stupid guy brought a knife to a gunfight.") I truly believe a lot of people are just waiting to have an opportunity to use that line.

Okay, with that out of the way... You definitely should have gotten his license plate number and called 911 immediately.

If you want someone to say you did good because you knew you were justified in drawing your gun against a nut case with a knife who is advancing on you... Okay, sure there was a legitimate threat. That was kind of an obvious one, was it not? But did you handle the situation the best way possible? Not so much.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I agree Bark'n. But obviously you've never had the big breatfast platter from McDonalds, it was worth staying for lol..(kidding). I agree with you, there was better ways to handle that situation and avoid it completely.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links