Glock 27 4G

This is a discussion on Glock 27 4G within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'm new to this forum and want to introduce myself real quick, my name is Brent and I started carrying about 4 months ago. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DaRedneck
  • 1 Post By Old School
  • 1 Post By GM

Thread: Glock 27 4G

Glock 27 4G

Well, I'm new to this forum and want to introduce myself real quick, my name is Brent and I started carrying about 4 months ago. I've uploaded a picture of my girlfriend and I below.

I have quite a few guns but my latest, and personal carry gun is a Glock 27 4th Gen. I bought it after hearing numerous good reviews. One of the problems I find is that it's rather bulky and some-what hard to conceal. The factory clips that come with it, why would they even make those? Who would use them? It literally leaves your pinky hanging off the edge. So I went with an 'extended mag' which holds 13, works out perfectly. I've heard Glocks take 500+ rounds for it to become truly accurate? Is that true? Anyway, I went to the range with it the day I bought it and put my first clip from 15 yards all in the head with about a 6 inch pattern. So far...I love it. I also bought her a Bersa 380 which she loves, she's tiny so it has to stay in the purse or it looks like she's totin' around a 500 magnum.

2. Remove Ads

Cute...not you, your girlfriend :).

I've never heard the 500 round comment and every Glock I've owned (19, 27 and 36) have been good to go out of the box. The 27 might be "bulky" compared to a Kahr or Kel-tec but for me the lightweight of the Glock more then compensates for the bulk.

I've shot it with both the standard factory mags and with the pinky extension. Of course the extension increases the grip but I don't find it a major improvement over the standard mags as far as accuracy, and a lot more pleasant to shoot them my P3AT.

Enjoy, stay safe and remember...they are all somebodies daugher (father of three daughters with seven grand daughters) :).
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Welcome to the forum. You have a fine handgun as does your gf. You might look for the pinkie extension for your factory mags. Remember it's a magazine though, not a clip. ;)
    SGT likes this.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Cool

Florida,

Welcome to the forum. Good looking couple there.

I tried the G-27 but like you I found the grip to small for my hand.

I like three fingers on the grip not two, especially in a .40 S&W.

I purchased the G-23 instead and love it and it is my main EDC (every day carry).

It is carried in a High Noon Public Secret holster AIWB (appendix inside the waist band).

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

Round count really has nothing to do with accuracy in a Glock in my opinion. It is as accurate as the shooter right out of the box.

My wife carries her S&W 638 in a Coronado Leather purse with a built in holster.

photo.jpg

I wish she would carry on her person but life is full of compromises.

Cornered Cat is a good web site for ladies who carry and your lady may want to check it out.

Limatunes has some really good videos on concealed carry that are worth looking at also.

There are alot of good knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Most of us who are or have been in law enforcement or the military are "tough love" proponents.

When the topic is self defense we tend to take it deadly serious. Don't get offended without due cause.

We can all learn from each other.

Enjoy your time on the DC Forum. You will be better for it, I know I am.

OS
    Florida likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GM
    Welcome to the forum
    Florida likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. Can't comment on your Glock since I have never owned one or shot one. As to her Bersa, great gun for the price, not the smallest out there, but quality built and reliable.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links