I can't believe my brother acted like this..... - Page 2

I can't believe my brother acted like this.....

This is a discussion on I can't believe my brother acted like this..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by INccwchris Really guys, is having a gun on you so important that having it is more important than being able to visit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I can't believe my brother acted like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Really guys, is having a gun on you so important that having it is more important than being able to visit family?
    With the kind of characters I've seen around that house, yes. The guy attempting to break in the other day was doing it in broad daylight, with two cars parked out front. They aren't in the "best" neighborhood, but isn't horrible. All the immediate neighbors are decent, but I know of 3 sex offenders living a street over, plus the recent break ins in the area don't make it a place I really LIKE being. Besides, it wasn't so much that he didn't want my gun there. It was more the flawed logic behind it that bothered me. Like I said, he should know better.

I'm headed back over there on Wednesday to help his wife with some stuff while he's at work. I figure I'll mention the range trip idea while I'm over there. She likes to shoot, so hopefully she can push the idea to him. Besides, she's all for me carrying and I think she's actually more comfortable with my firearm competency than his. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    From the OP - "He just freaked out and started screaming at me to put that thing back in my truck."
    THAT is the part that would have sent me quietly back from which I came. Not as much the firearm issue, but the freaking out and screaming. Treat me like that, and I'm leaving. Period. I've done it more than once with my family and otherwise and the subjects were not firearm related. I'm just not listening to someone having a hissy fit and I'm not going to engage in that behavior back. I'm just going to quietly remove myself from the situation until we can converse like
    adults.
    Exactly...it's not about the gun at all...it's the freaking out part that I keyed in on...act like an adult, or go find someone else to move your stuff...
    BugDude and Xader like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    From the OP - "He just freaked out and started screaming at me to put that thing back in my truck."

THAT is the part that would have sent me quietly back from which I came. Not as much the firearm issue, but the freaking out and screaming. Treat me like that, and I'm leaving. Period. I've done it more than once with my family and otherwise and the subjects were not firearm related. I'm just not listening to someone having a hissy fit and I'm not going to engage in that behavior back. I'm just going to quietly remove myself from the situation until we can converse like adults.

BINGO----thats it in a nutshell(pun intended) Im with sigguy on both his posts, I would have left, with saying to him call me when you're ready to appologise, I'll do just about what anybody ask's whan it come to my sidearm(I carry just about 24/7) just be civil about it. Get rude I'll be rude back. To get respect you have to give respect its sad that a BIG portion of our brethren has forgoten this, and the younger they are they think its a given automatic right not earned.
    Last edited by Rasher; June 28th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    retsupt, that really made me laugh, thanks for that.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Some men have reactions to their wife's pregnancy. They gain weight and even have mood swings. It is possible that this had something to do with his reaction. Especially if his behavior seemed unusual to you. Or as others mentioned there could be some other stress he is under. Is it possible his wife laid down the law with him about guns before you got there, but she wouldn't say anything directly to you? I have known couples before where one spouse makes the other the heavy.

Sounds like my brother. I can't fix stupid.

One day, I pulled out a gun and layed it down (we were outside at our farm & I layed it down on a picnic table) , then sat down and began watching it. He asked what the hell I was doing, I told him...... waiting to see if it will go off by itself like you seem to think it will. It hasn't done anything yet, but I'm waiting. He seemed to get the point, and he's retired from the Army. LOL.

Recently, something came up while we were out there and his first comment .... " I hope you have your gun on you". I couldn't pass that up, and asked where his was .... at home in the closet ? I told him I wasn't his friggin bodyguard.
    Spidey2011 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Some men have reactions to their wife's pregnancy. They gain weight and even have mood swings. It is possible that this had something to do with his reaction. Especially if his behavior seemed unusual to you. Or as others mentioned there could be some other stress he is under. Is it possible his wife laid down the law with him about guns before you got there, but she wouldn't say anything directly to you? I have known couples before where one spouse makes the other the heavy.
    Definitely not the case. I've even OC'ed over there when it was just her home. She's fine with it. Every time I get a new gun, she's the first one asking to see it.

I really have no idea what would cause him to act like that. He did have a rough week at work, but that kind of thing has never seemed to affect him before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links