Opinions on un-concealing with friends

This is a discussion on Opinions on un-concealing with friends within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Common sense serves here. In my home, my private office, or at a rural property under my control the firearms may be brought out, made ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on un-concealing with friends

Common sense serves here. In my home, my private office, or at a rural property under my control the firearms may be brought out, made safe, and discussed. The handgun I conceal as I go about my day outside my premises will remain concealed. They aren't to be regarded as objects to mull over. It doesn't matter whether it is at a local restaurant, gun shop, or curb side in the front seat of a vehicle.

I recently was involved in a concealed carry discussion over breakfast with some friends at a local restaurant, one of whom purchased a new Beretta 92 and was fretting about concealing it. I refrained from even positively answering whether I was carrying at that moment when I was asked to show them what I was carrying. In our small Texas town, it really wouldn't have been a big deal to unload a pistol and put it on the table for all to discuss it as nearly everyone around here has a gun of some sort on them or near by. They couldn't detect it and they didn't have any "need to know."

If I'm at the house of a few trusted gun buds and they wish to inspect a model of handgun I am carrying then I may allow it in private, at my discretion.

Remember, no one has to know.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

My friends don't ask because they don't know I carry. My wife, my two sons and my gun dealer know I carry. Nobody else.

One of the big advantages of a S&W 642 in a pocket holster, nobody has even an inkling that I am armed.

I am not an "apostle" of the second amendment and I am not out to "convert" anybody. My reason for carry is to protect the kids' momma and myself and I feel I can best do that as the "Gray Man".

If the SHF, it is going to be "surprise, surprise, surprise". The little old man wasn't harmless after all!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    "show me yours I show you mine". I haven't played that game since I was a kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links