CC saved me and my wife yesterday - Page 5

CC saved me and my wife yesterday

This is a discussion on CC saved me and my wife yesterday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by purwater This happened to me yesterday and a good friend and member of the forums said I should post about it. Yesterday ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: CC saved me and my wife yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    This happened to me yesterday and a good friend and member of the forums said I should post about it. Yesterday my wife and I decided to take a walk for some exercise. We do this a few times a week and always enjoy it. A couple of houses down from me is a home where the people own a pit bull. My wife had walked alone before and said it had come out barking and even grabbed her sweats one time. That was in the early spring and since then the dog is usually inside the house or chained. Yesterday we started our walk and there came the dog running down towards us barking. I told her to just keep moving and hopefully it would leave us alone. Well about the time we passed the driveway it came out and bit me in the calf. It's a nasty feeling bite. I kept her behind me as we tried to make our way back home. The pit bull decided he wasn't done and by then I had my LCP in my hand without thinking. It came at us again and I shot into the hillside and that scared him enough to make him run away. I didn't want to have to kill the dog, but I was ready to if it hadn't ran away. I did go talk to the owner and he said he wouldn't let it out anymore without it being on a chain. We'll see how that goes. I definitely know that had I not been armed it may have been a very bad situation with major injury or worse possible. We always worry about bad guys, but this was definitely a scary situation that had me shaking when we got home. My wife was upset as well. I may have handled it differently, but at least no one was hurt in a major way and CC suddenly went from theoretical to real life need in a hurry. Just thought I'd share the story of how it became real in a heartbeat.

Call the police, get it on record.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking. Did the round penetrate the entire animal (through-and-through)? Did it just penetrate the skull? Or penetrate the skull and got lost somewhere in the body?

Just curious.

Sorry, I didn't bother to check.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I am glad you are OK. I would suggest reporting the incident in case you get sick from the dog bite. It is better to have the law on your side from the beginning.

I saw some posts about pepper spray. Just keep in mind that spray doesn't work on all dogs just like it doesn't work on all people.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links