30.06 sign at gun show

This is a discussion on 30.06 sign at gun show within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Kodyo I won't complain, gun shows always have better prices than local shops here. Even when I get "scammed" by gun show ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 30.06 sign at gun show

Quote Originally Posted by Kodyo View Post
    I won't complain, gun shows always have better prices than local shops here. Even when I get "scammed" by gun show standards, I still beat the local standards by $50.
    Especially if you hit them up on the last day. I love guns shows, and I wish we had a better one here. The local one has a "No Loaded Guns" sign on the door, but I won't sweat it. No force behind them in MT. Besides, I run the food booth there and am constantly in and out with several hundred dollars at a time, sometimes more. I'm not about to go unarmed while carrying that much cash. I'm pretty good friends with the guy that puts it on (LGS owner), so I'm sure I could get a free pass if anyone cared to call me on it.

2. Remove Ads

I usually have a gun in mind before I go to the gun show, so it kills me to not go early on the first day to try and get the good deal that is out (rather than try to barter, which I don't care to do).
    Granted, if it's the last day they may be more willing to barter. Last one I went to I got a like new G36 for $350, and I was happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Unfortunately too much stupid goes about at gun shows. I've been going to the Fort Worth Gun Show beginning back in the 1970s when it was still at the Round Up Inn. Was in there once when a gun went off too. A chilling experience. Was at another show years later when a gun discharged. In both of my experiences no one was injured but some are not so lucky. The Dallas Market Hall show used to keep a 5-gallon clear plastic water bottle by the entrance to show the number of cartridges collected from show attendees' "unloaded" firearms checked at the door.

It is scary how much stupid is out there these days.
    Not used to. I was at the last show at Market Hall and the 5 gallon bottle is still there. There was 2 - 3 inches of ammo in the bottom of the bottle.

In Houston, the reason that you can't carry is due to where the events are held.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I decided to go to the Fort Worth gun show today. I've never been before. I was shocked to see a huge 30.06 sign forbidding concealed carry right at the main entrance. There were people all over carrying guns around, everything from handguns to assault rifles. Yet, concealed carry is banned? I found that very odd. So I had to walk half a mile back to my car so I could leave my gun in the car, then walk all the way back. While I was inside the gun show they were constantly announcing over the loudspeaker that concealed carry was not allowed at the gun show.

Am I the only one who thinks that is crazy? It is like walking into a gun store and there being a "no guns" sign on the front door. What is the logic?
    Sounds like a good time to try Open Carry.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

While most of the gun shows I have attended have 'Gunbuster' signs, ...

ALL of them have a desk where they check the firearm and run a zip-tie through the barrel or over the hammer ... ect.

A few did not allow loose ammunition or having the magazine in the weapon.

Not a bad idea IMO so I just take a pair of wire cutters to snip the tie when I leave and re-load once out the door.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    That is what I was told. They don't want people trading loaded weapons.
    If that was the case, why don't they put up a sign stating THAT??

I just don't go to shows with limitations such as this. Problem solved.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I quit going to gun shows some time ago. Just kept getting more and more uneasy in a crowded space with a lot of weapons, a lot of ammunition, and a lot of amateurs.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

This is actually pretty common. They like to make sure every gun in unloaded and safe. Most places just make sure it is unloaded and zip-tie through teh barrel till you leave you can still have it on your person. Theres soooo many cops at these events im not too worried it.

I can't think of where the show was (been several years since I have went to any show) but they had an area set aside with a 45 gallon drum lined with old ballistic vests, so that all firearms could be safely checked, before the cable ties could be put on them and for those who were leaving they could reload their carry weapon with the muzzle in the drum, before holstering.

Too many absent minded individuals (I'm being kind) at these shows...Now if I can shoot back......

I 've been to a bunch of gun shows over the years. Three of them had a ND, with injuries. Two of them were fired by off duty LEO's or security guards. Since attendees were specifically told that CCW'ing was prohibited, the venue owners and the the promoters were not included in the lawsuits.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Here in CO a couple of years ago some dipstick shot himself at a gun show. Now they zip-tie the barrel of every gun in the place. You can carry as you like but its zip-tied.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodyo View Post
    I think the rationale may be this: Someone conceal carrying at a gun show sees something they like. They offer up their conceal carry gun as a trade or partial trade. When they pull the gun out of the holster, they pull the trigger on accident and fire a round.
    Most guns show (that I've been to MA & VA) Check you gun to verify clear at the door. But leaving a gun in your car at a gun show is nuts. Crooks wet dream if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I 've been to a bunch of gun shows over the years. Three of them had a ND, with injuries. Two of them were fired by off duty LEO's or security guards. Since attendees were specifically told that CCW'ing was prohibited, the venue owners and the the promoters were not included in the lawsuits.
    This pretty much explains it. It's not anti-gun, it's liability protection.

Missouri is a pretty gun friendly state. I've never been to a gun show where it wasn't posted, "No loaded weapons, No concealed carry."

I don't take offense. That would be kind of counter productive, now wouldn't it?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I don't have a problem with not having a loaded piece on me at the gun show. I go to the WAC shows here in Washington and there are SOOO many police officers at that show, I pity the fool who would try to do anything at a gun show. I think the no concealed is for safety. The don't want people drawing/holstering loaded handguns all over the place. I have never been to a show where a firearm has been discharged but I have heard of it happening more than once.

I know I am a responsible gun owner, what I don't know, is if that guy standing next to me is.....
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links