A good day!

This is a discussion on A good day! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a good day to be me.. Exactly one week ago today I went to the sheriff's office for my application, photo, and fingerprinting, then ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A good day!

Cool A good day!

It's a good day to be me.. Exactly one week ago today I went to the sheriff's office for my application, photo, and fingerprinting, then this morning around 10am, I got "the call" to come get my license!

Process was simple enough for those that are familiar with firearms and the laws but the sheriff was overly welcoming any and all questions I had. He was thorough and straight forward. So THANK YOU to any of you LEO/Sheriff's out there that might read this. Makes me feel good that here in Ohio we are properly checking the history of those that want to CC.

I have some running around to do tonight and you better bet I will have my S&W M&P 9c on me
    Snider, Erick46590 and pinklady like this.
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! Not a bad wait time, either.

1 week is outstanding! Congrats! Be safe, and remember the RULES!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

1 week?! Holy smokes. I was excited to hear my wife might get hers in 2 months as opposed to the 3 months I had to wait...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    1 week?! Holy smokes. I was excited to hear my wife might get hers in 2 months as opposed to the 3 months I had to wait...
    Wow. 3 months? I had mine in 3 days, and that was just because they mailed it. It was actually issued the same day I applied.

Yeah we have to wait a while here in OK. Pretty lame.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The Sheriff said it would take around a week since I have yet to have a traffic ticket and clean record. Either way, very fast turn around from what I've heard! I'm a happy fella' today!
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Wow. 3 months? I had mine in 3 days, and that was just because they mailed it. It was actually issued the same day I applied.
    Lol my friend got his in 3 days too, Maybe its a MT thing?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    The Sheriff said it would take around a week since I have yet to have a traffic ticket and clean record. Either way, very fast turn around from what I've heard! I'm a happy fella' today!
    Glad it went smoothly! I filed mine on a Thursday and picked it up on Tuesday up in Lake County, they were very expedient. Apparently traffic tickets aren't going to raise any concern, or I'd still be waiting...

Congrats....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Congratulations! Actually....a "good day" is a day at the range. The day you get the card is a day for reflection.

VIP Member
    Congrats on your permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on the new permit!
    OH is now a little bit safer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

is this for a PURCHASE permit or for a CCW? Either way, Congrats!

GM
    Congrats on the permit. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links