MI concealed carry permits on the rise

This is a discussion on MI concealed carry permits on the rise within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In terms of CC permits issued, it's been a good decade. Concealed Gun Permits Increase Across Michigan - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joker1

Thread: MI concealed carry permits on the rise

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

MI concealed carry permits on the rise

2. Remove Ads

Its a good thing to see. I hope the trend continues.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Good for Michigan, good for America! Let's keep the number of legally armed americans rising.
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    That is great news!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

The local Booth newspaper here also ran an article about the fact that the streets did not run red with blood when Michigan became a shall issue state. They also ran another article stating that even though it's required for each county to file a yearly report showing how many CPLs were issued, suspended and revoked, not all counties have been doing it. They said several have never done it in the past ten years, and few have managed to always do it. They talked to the state rep that sponsored the bill and he said the reporting requirements were put in so that they would be able to show the anti's that it was working and that there were not the problems that the anti's had predidcted.
    There is also a bill in process to remove the gun free zones. I don't know if it is making any progess though.

I'm just happy to lend a helping hand
    -Jim

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    The local Booth newspaper here also ran an article about the fact that the streets did not run red with blood when Michigan became a shall issue state. They also ran another article stating that even though it's required for each county to file a yearly report showing how many CPLs were issued, suspended and revoked, not all counties have been doing it. They said several have never done it in the past ten years, and few have managed to always do it. They talked to the state rep that sponsored the bill and he said the reporting requirements were put in so that they would be able to show the anti's that it was working and that there were not the problems that the anti's had predidcted.There is also a bill in process to remove the gun free zones. I don't know if it is making any progess though.
    SB 58 is currently lost in committee. Gov. Snyder has supposedly stated that it is too contentious and likely will not sign it. Therefore the Republican leadership won't let it come to a vote. Cowardly politicians engaged in cowardly politics as usual.

There is a good read at Michigan Gun Owners Forum:

MGO Community Forum
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Good deal,there are many large cities and some smaller ones in the US that I wouldn't want to visit or live in without being able to carry and defend myself and mine
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Go Michiganders...don't stop until every household is full of armed and trained adults.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Kalamazoo Gazette ran a three day series on the topic. Mainly counties are not reporting violations to the State Troopers as required because there are no penalties. People(few) are commiting crimes and still keep their carry permit. To me this is a non issue as felons cannot own or keep firearms in Michigan. Even if a cpl owner does commit a crime they should be easier to find as their fingerprints are in file.
    The articles seemed to make cpl owners look dangerous because the counties were not filing paperwork on time or at all. The main reason given was the increased number of cpl owners and applicants. Maybe we are not the problem. Maybe the state is for not seeing the will of the people. Honest law abiding citizens who want to carry and protect ourselves. Criminals do not pay to take a cpl class, pay to be finger printed and photographed, pay for a reliable gun, then go to the courthouse(Kalamazoo thing, not mailed) to get the permit, and after that follow the rules. Enough said.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    As Boomers age, so does the need for personal protection rises.I live in Maine we've had 3 home invasions in one week which lead to one death to an 81 year old lady .It appears she fought back as she had defensive wounds but
    just wish she had a firearm.The culprit is still at large.As we age many of us need to take class two narcotics to reduce pain and we are a pharmacy at home offering easy access to addicts and opportunist looking to make big money fast
    and easy.Living here all my life I am surprised the crooks have not run into an armed home owner yet when they do it going to be no be deal as far as the citizens go.Maine is a strong gun state especially Portland North.

Links