Buffalo Wild Wings - No Gun sign

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings - No Gun sign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday, I went to one of my favorite places to eat wings, and noticed a sign that prohibited guns I was meeting a client, so ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings - No Gun sign

Yesterday, I went to one of my favorite places to eat wings, and noticed a sign that prohibited guns

I was meeting a client, so I finished my meal, and after the client left, I spoke with the manager.

In a very peacable way I explaned that this was my last visit.

I also explained to him that in Texas, a sign like his in a restaurant is not legally binding.
    (Not a 50% alcohol place, not a 30.06 sign)

I explained how his sign was an attempt to infringe upon my 2A rights.

No eating for me at Buffalo Wild wings !
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Well what was his response?

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I like their wings, too, but here in SC we can't carry in an establishment that serves alcohol for consumption...yet.

Good for you for confronting management about this. I wouldn;t have told him the sign isn't legally binding, though. That is an ace up your sleeve.

Unfortunately a resourceful officer who is not a gun guy (in some places, depending on the local statutes) may pull their own ace regarding laws on the books about flagrant disregard. Locally there are laws on the books that if you are aware that the proprietor does not want firearms on premises that if you carry anyway it can be a harsher crime you get charged with than simple trespass.

If you approach the management and voice your concern & then end up on premises later and are carrying, the fact that their sign is not in compliance means little.

I think the OPs choice to voice his concern & not return is the best option short of writing letters to corporate offices. I would wager it is a single store manager rather than corporate policy that caused that sign to go up. You may be able to get it yanked if you alert their corporate office. You may also end up with that manager getting reprimanded as a result, so if he was a jerk it would be apropos.

My local Buffalo Wild Wings does not have signs posted. I was there last night & looked for it. Granted, the server I had last night was the single worst server I have ever had anywhere. I will be calling them today to complain.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Good points 357 AND 40. Your line of reasoning is opposite what my CWP instructor said. He told us to not say anything because it ISN'T binding...and he is a LEO. Of course to a DA what he says means nothing when it comes down to it. Two ways to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Unfortunately a resourceful officer who is not a gun guy (in some places, depending on the local statutes) may pull their own ace regarding laws on the books about flagrant disregard. Locally there are laws on the books that if you are aware that the proprietor does not want firearms on premises that if you carry anyway it can be a harsher crime you get charged with than simple trespass.

If you approach the management and voice your concern & then end up on premises later and are carrying, the fact that their sign is not in compliance means little.

I think the OPs choice to voice his concern & not return is the best option short of writing letters to corporate offices. I would wager it is a single store manager rather than corporate policy that caused that sign to go up. You may be able to get it yanked if you alert their corporate office. You may also end up with that manager getting reprimanded as a result, so if he was a jerk it would be apropos.

My local Buffalo Wild Wings does not have signs posted. I was there last night & looked for it. Granted, the server I had last night was the single worst server I have ever had anywhere. I will be calling them today to complain.
    Maybe you are talking about where you live because that isn't how things work in TX or FLA.

It is BWW corporate policy, they even post the signs on establishments in states where carry into their restaurant is illegal by virtue of them serving alcohol (or in IL where a felony has already been committed by having the gun but that dinky sign should stop you), they make no effort to comply with state laws that require specifics in order to carry the weight of law.

They flat out ignore swarms of emails sent by forum users, and put the signs in my opinion solely to make their political statement, and show they put their property rights ahead of any individual's 2nd Amendment rights that shall not be infringed. Because it is so blatant and the service always sucks, this is one that's easy not to patronize anymore.

Edit:
    Here's a link to their website, if you've been there recently and are dissatisfied with their policy I suggest filling out the survey. http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    Maybe you are talking about where you live because that isn't how things work in TX or FLA.
    Please note that I did qualify that in my first paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

If its company policy, some stores choose to ignore it. One of the managers at a local BWW overheard me speaking with my friend about a 1911 & asked if I was carrying. I told him I was awaiting my CHL and he preceded to tell me about the Kimber he had. He was welcome to chl'ers.
    "What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Irish/German + Mexican = Full-Blooded American

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I have never heard of this happening before. Could you elaborate? States? An instance?

all the more reason to stay out of BWW..they suk anyway..ymmv
    "Brains before Bullets"

****** i like BWW...

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I have never heard of this happening before. Could you elaborate? States? An instance?
    I was speaking with my instructor about this. He is a police officer in Missouri & he was the one that cited it to me.
    - Roy Batty

So I called BWW to complain about the service last night & the manager offered to give me a free meal of equal value on my next visit. After we concluded that business I brought up this thread. He stated that the corporate owned stores may have different policy but his store is a franchised store & they have no such policy in place & as a matter of fact he welcomes CCW holders there.
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    Put Georgia in the same category as the fine states of Florida and Texas then, cause the Trespassing thingy isn't considered premeditated simply by carrying past any "DON NOT CARRY" signage that I can find in the Ga code.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links