NC Bill

This is a discussion on NC Bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reading this it sounds to me like we can start carrying in state parks here in NC: North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 650 ...

Thread: NC Bill

NC Bill

Reading this it sounds to me like we can start carrying in state parks here in NC:

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 650 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)

Does anyone closely follow NC Bills that can give me some insight as to why this bill stalled?

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 111 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Correct HB650 does allow park carry but remember the bill does not become effective until 01 Dec 2011.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Like sarge said, don't forget that it's not in effect until Dec 1.

As to the HB111 it's going to be one of the more "controversial" bills and it's been left for dead the last several years in committees. Once we have the new HB650 rolling I'm guessing that HB111 will be the next main push but don't forget, HB650 benefited EVERYONE not just concealed carriers. The Castle Doctrine applies to all NC residents.

650 is a first step, don't forget to keep contacting your reps and telling them how you want to be represented.

I got the impression from my Senator, who co chairs the committee HB 111 is in, that they put it aside to deal with HB 650. I was hoping they were going to simply combine the two, language wise. But that did not happen. It's still alive for the short session, so contact your reps when they get back to work. YOu can also contact all of the committee members to ask the to move it to the Senate for a vote.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    This is a map I have to keep info at my fingertips so I can answer emails. Ohio and Wisconsin will both soon be blue and allow Restaurant Carry. It is not causing problems in the states that allow it. Restaurant Carry.png
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

GM
    Thank you so much for posting Gary, as always you are a very good source of information!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Amazing information, I was completely clueless that one of the bills even exists! Got to learn more about what's happening in the state and what the law makers are up to?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Like sarge said, don't forget that it's not in effect until Dec 1.

As to the HB111 it's going to be one of the more "controversial" bills and it's been left for dead the last several years in committees. Once we have the new HB650 rolling I'm guessing that HB111 will be the next main push but don't forget, HB650 benefited EVERYONE not just concealed carriers. The Castle Doctrine applies to all NC Land residents.

650 is a first step, don't forget to keep contacting your reps and telling them how you want to be represented.
    lol no doubt

Links