Two new carry bills go into effect today in Indiana

This is a discussion on Two new carry bills go into effect today in Indiana within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Senate Bill 0292 2011 1st Regular Session Latest Information DIGEST OF SB 292 (Updated April 29, 2011 8:21 pm - DI 69) Preemption of local ...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Senate Bill 0292

2011 1st Regular Session

Latest Information

DIGEST OF SB 292 (Updated April 29, 2011 8:21 pm - DI 69)
    Preemption of local firearm regulation. Prohibits, with certain exceptions, a political subdivision from regulating: (1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories. Allows a person to file an action against a political subdivision if the person is adversely affected by an ordinance, a measure, an enactment, a rule, or a policy of the political subdivision that violates the law. Repeals a conflicting statute concerning local regulation of firearms.
    Current Status:law enacted

DIGEST OF SB506 (Updated April 19, 2011 2:59 pm - DI 84)
    Handgun possession. Allows a person to carry a handgun without being licensed to carry a handgun if: (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person has the consent of the owner to have the handgun on the premises, is attending a firearms related event, or is receiving firearms related services; (3) the person is lawfully present in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (4) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (5) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped. (Current law provides that a person who does not possess a valid handgun license may not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body unless the person: (1) is in the person's dwelling or fixed place of business or on the person's property; or (2) is carrying the handgun unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place where the handgun was purchased to the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, between a handgun repair shop and the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, or from one dwelling or fixed place of business to another.) Specifies that a person who has been convicted of domestic battery may not possess or carry a handgun unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored by a court.
    Current Status:
    Law Enacted

These two bills are landmarks, a preemption bill that allows carry in City Halls, libraries, concert halls, government owned colleges, the capitol building, city parks, cities with no carry ordinances. Now the only places off limits are places expressly stated in state law, courthouses. Anywhere that houses or treats inmates, schools, and the state fairgrounds during the fair.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Thanks for the info...forwarded to my son in IN...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sing along with me, folks: I feel good... I knew that I would now.

YES!
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

All good news.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very good news!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Good news
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Can IL. borrow your legislature for while.

Hey Chris, I count 5 new bills go into effect July 1st!

NRA-ILA :: Indiana: Five Critical Pro-Gun Reforms Take Effect Today!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Wow, we can't even carry here - be awhile before we get tot that stage

Excelent!
    And next …….carry on demestic flights

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    In Indiana carry on airplanes is illegal, however if it is your airplane, its treated as a vehicle as long as you are only transporting yourself and a few friends in your personally owned plane
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Good deal. We are waiting till December for one of ours to go into effect in NC.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Texas has vehicle carry without a license,and you can carry concealed on your property and place of business without a license,Of course with a CHL we can carry in the State Capitol and there is an express lane for CHL holders,which made frequent visitors to the Capitol get CHL's even if they didn't plan to carry just so they could use the express lane
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links