Big Mistake For CCL Holder In Idaho...... - Page 4

Big Mistake For CCL Holder In Idaho......

This is a discussion on Big Mistake For CCL Holder In Idaho...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shockwave The difference between a "citizen's arrest" and "kidnapping" is one you never want to test. Holding a suspect until police arrive ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Big Mistake For CCL Holder In Idaho......

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    The difference between a "citizen's arrest" and "kidnapping" is one you never want to test. Holding a suspect until police arrive is something that, like a clear self-defense shooting, needs to easily pass the reasonable person test.

For example: You are at a shopping mall and witness a man seizing a woman's purse and dashing away. You and several other fine upstanding citizens give chase. The several of you run the miscreant to ground and sit on him until police arrive. A crowd of bystanders gives you all a round of hearty applause.

Job well done. Take a bow and finish your shopping.

Anything short of that is questionable unless you have a badge.
    LOL the idea of sitting on the guy reminds me of a technic taught to the local high school players here. In kickoffs/punts, if your able to get your opponent to the ground, the players are taught to lie across them, with their hands out to the sides, as long as your hands are not touching the other player it is not considered holding, and no penalty is issued. I guess the same applies to sitting on a shoplifter. If he wants to get up from under a pile of three or four good citizens, then he's free to do so.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Dang Glock owners. :D

this was in my town, There is more to the story... but It will not come to light until long after the news has lost interest :(
    on a side note we had another screw ball impersonating an officer a few months ago too.
    I just dont get some people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links