New CPL just arrived, So I treated myself to a XD SC 9MM and my first WWW!!!

This is a discussion on New CPL just arrived, So I treated myself to a XD SC 9MM and my first WWW!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been a Busy weekend. I got my CPL yesterday after a 24 days wait (I that is a pretty short wait time, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CPL just arrived, So I treated myself to a XD SC 9MM and my first WWW!!!

New CPL just arrived, So I treated myself to a XD SC 9MM and my first WWW!!!

It has been a Busy weekend.

I got my CPL yesterday after a 24 days wait (I that is a pretty short wait time, but it felt like months).

So I went out and started looking for a handgun, I had a budget and I knew I wanted a glock as that is all I have ever shot....

So I spent more (not way more but more) than I had planned, and I didn't even get a glock. I got a Springfield XD 9MM SC.

I cleaned it and shot it right away and it feels pretty good and I had decent shot groupings. Now I just need a better hoslter.

After I bought it, cleaned it, and shot it at the onsite range, I strapped it on and headed home. Of course I couldn't just head straight home as I knew the Fiancee was going to loose it (she's a sheeple) so I stopped at WWW.

Didn't really wear the right clothes as my loose shirts are all dirty but even though I felt like I was printing like mad, no one said anything to me. I looked at belts, ammo, bought some newspapers (for so the Fiancee could calm down doing that coupon thing she saw on tv, even though it hasn't save me any money yet).....

Went to Tubby's, I got a strange look from a woman eating with her husband and young son.

Other than that no one said anything, no cops showed up, and no one screamed.

The fiancee didn't even notice I was carrying until I told her.

2. Remove Ads

Well, if she didn't even notice, you need to go back to the gun store and get another one! Oh, and welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome aboard! Lots of good info here, and lots of helpful people.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I've been lurking and reading since I applied. :)

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Aw shucks, no follow up on what happened after you told her. JK! Welcome and stay safe

She pouted. She just isn't comfortable with them, but she will have to get over that.

In the last month within 2 miles of our house in a very good high income area there have been:
    1 armed bank robery.
    1 shooting at an apartment coplex.

Last year their was a man shot and killed in front of his house by a guy on a bicycle.

We had some drunk try to get into our house 8-10 months ago......

I have a decent collection of long sharp stabby objects, they are never ready at hand, and are simply not effective against a gun or a tweaker.

Smile

Dragongtr, you have started down a long slippery slope. You tell yourself that it's only one, but soon your XD will be lonely and will need a friend for companionship. Before you know it, you will have a gun safe full friends for your XD. Alas, the only thing to do is give in to temptation and buy more guns. :-)

Congrats on the new pistol and carry permit. Enjoy!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the permit. You'll find in time the vast majority of people won't notice anything. Even OC'ing goes unnoticed by most.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

eb
    I bought the XD SC in 9mm a few weeks back after waffling between that and a Glock for about 20 minutes before settling on the XD. No regrets, its a great gun so far and I've not had any malfunctions at all.

Congrats on the permit and new gun! I have an xd-40 that i absolutely love. Makes me understand why people love the Glock, though I dont like the ergonomics.

As to the significant other. Mine is similar in that she tolerates the guns, understands the reason for the CCW but still feels "anxious" about me carrying. I just tell her, Im the good guy, the bad guys are always carrying.

Welcome to the active portion of the forum

BigJon

GM
    Congrats on the permit and congrats on the XD. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Congrats on the new permit, but stick with the Glocks.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the new permit. Be armed and be safe.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

XDs are good... Enjoy your new gun, and don't be a gun snob...

Congrats, sounds like you had a fun day

The XD is a nice gun, which one is the SC? Is that the one with the sort of knobby grip?

I tried the fullsize one, with that grip, and it was just a little too big for my hand.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links