SR9C vs Glock 19

This is a discussion on SR9C vs Glock 19 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all, I am currently deployed with the U.S Navy to the Middle East but as soon as I get back I intend to get ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: SR9C vs Glock 19

SR9C vs Glock 19

hello all,
    I am currently deployed with the U.S Navy to the Middle East but as soon as I get back I intend to get my concealed carry permit and firearm. I am a fairly new gun enthusiast so my knowledge is still quite amateur. I have shot a glock 19 but was not a real fan of the feel or accuracy. I haven't had a lot of luck with any of the 1911s I've shot, they were both RIAs and both jammed almost every round and were also inaccurate (seeing a pattern yet?). my brother is sold on wheel guns and is in love with his ruger sp101(which I haven't had a chance to shoot yet). I've had my eyes set on a ruger SR9C for a while but I have never shot one and the only time I've held one was at the marine corps exchange at camp allen VA and they didn't allow dry firing, other than that I kinda liked the feel. does anyone have any experience with this gun or input on other possible choices?

keep in mind that I am trying to keep inside a $600 budget and either 9mm or 45 ACP are prefered though not decisive factors.
    glock42 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

No offense, but it may not be the guns. You just may need to get more time on the range. But in answer to your question, IMO, it's a no contest. Glock is the better by far.
    joker1 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I've handled several glocks over the last few years, (can't say I've ever fired any) but really just did not like the feel of them, they are not for me. I do get it that many people like them and they seem to be very reliable, so I'm not knocking them. On the other hand, I fell immediately in love with the feel of the SR9c. I shoot the ruger very well, (I'm sure its more accurate than I am, (so far)). I have proably about 900 or better rounds thru it now, without so much as a hiccup. No issues AT ALL. Just about every type of cheap 9mm ammo you can buy, along with several brands of defensive carry ammo. Same can be said for my P95 (a couple 2 or 3 thousand rounds thru it) and with my LCP, several hundred rounds thru it. What can I say, I love my Rugers! I would without hesitation reccomend the SR9c!
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

If your coming back to Norfolk, take the time and pop in to Bob"s on Granby street, they have a range and rental firearms, glock is a good weapon, but the newer SR9's full size and compact are very nice, have played with a pair of them now and they have impressed me. Check them both out as well as the S&W M&P series

to glockman, none taken.

to mr james, when I get my gun it'll be in Idaho so I dont have to deal with the BS of getting it on a plane, also I've shot a few of the full sized M&Ps and I am in no way, shape, or form a fan

I used to be a Kimber Guy and hated the feel of Glocks. Now, I've sold three Kimbers and own five Glocks...go figure!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Shoot the ruger, you will love it...Then Buy it...IMHO

Harryball, your killin me, lol:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Harryball, your killin me, lol:)
    You gotta love it. You Know I hate glocks....Anyone for a HI-Point LOL.... ;)

After shooting both guns I really do prefer the Ruger..

You know, the FNP is definitely worth a look. And so is the CZ-75. I wouldn't be upset if I were stuck with either.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Whatever you decide to get, shoot it first to see if it is a good fit for you. I've not shot a Glock before and to be honest have no desire to. As to 1911's, I carry one on a regular basis. If you are having the same problem with both guns you shot, I would suspect it is your technique and not so much the gun. You also stated that all the guns you have shot were not accurate. Again, my guess it is you and not so much the gun.

Not trying to bust your chops, but it is something to consider. I would suggest you get with a qualified instructor and let him check out your technique, then go from there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You know, the FNP is definitely worth a look. And so is the CZ-75. I wouldn't be upset if I were stuck with either.
    Have to agree on the FNP...Buddy has one and its nice. The OP should also check out the M&P line.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Shoot the ruger, you will love it...Then Buy it...IMHO
    Glock has the best rep, but the Ruger is a nicer shoot. I own both and like the feel of the SR9c by far.

I have also been considering an FNP but I've never seen a C model in person. also for archer51, I'm not trying to start a ******* match but I scored expert in navy pistol quals and I also have shot a glock 36, xdm9, xdm45, beretta 92 and ruger 22/45 that I destroyed my friends and families records with so I'm not all that bad of a shot... just sayin

I have one thing to say, after I say I have shot all the pistols u have mentioned and owned a few. I hated the feel of glocks at one time as well. my first, a 19rtf2 model has simply beat out every pistol, no every firearm I own period with reliability. my sks included in that lol, I put 45 rnds through it in a hurry, emptied it, dunked it under the water and drug it on the floor of the muddy/sandy creek bottom w/ the action open. picked it up, gave it a good shake, loaded a 33rndr and rapid fired it off. if the ruger (glock copy), can do that ill stfu. I doubt it will though cause none of my others will. I go swimming with my glock.most Immpressive to me is how well they take sand, I have served 2 tours in iraq and I know sand will jam up just about anything but it will take alot longer with the glock!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links