Wisconsin SB-93 Personal Protection Act Fact Sheet, published by NRA-ILA - Page 2

Wisconsin SB-93 Personal Protection Act Fact Sheet, published by NRA-ILA

This is a discussion on Wisconsin SB-93 Personal Protection Act Fact Sheet, published by NRA-ILA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am just wondering about the training requirement as far as military duty is concerned for the new Wisconsin law. Is my DD214 alone going ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wisconsin SB-93 Personal Protection Act Fact Sheet, published by NRA-ILA

I am just wondering about the training requirement as far as military duty is concerned for the new Wisconsin law. Is my DD214 alone going to be enough or do I also have to somehow prove that I had small arms training while serving? I'm pretty sure anyone going through bootcamp, no matter what service they were in, had some form of training. I just can't tell by the way the law is written up.

Thanks

It was nice watching it get signed online today.:)

DapperDan have you taken hunter safety? because that counts.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/PPA%20Sum...20Governor.pdf

Remember - the law is not in effect until NOV.1 2011

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Vista461...

I have not taken a hunter's safety class, although I have been hunting and using firearms my whole life. I was just hoping my 4 years in the Navy might be enough to allow me to get the license without taking a class of some sort.

Thanks

A win for all gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Vista461...

I have not taken a hunter's safety class, although I have been hunting and using firearms my whole life. I was just hoping my 4 years in the Navy might be enough to allow me to get the license without taking a class of some sort.

Thanks
    Here ya go:

(4) Training requirements. (a) The proof of training requirement under sub. (7) (e) may be met by any of the following:
    1. A copy of a document, or an affidavit from an instructor or organization that conducted the course or program, that indicates the individual completed any of the following:
    a. The hunter education program established under s. 29.591 or a substantially similar program that is established by another state, country, or province and that is recognized by the department of natural resources.
    b. A firearms safety or training course that is conducted by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors.
    c. A firearms safety or training course that is available to the public and is offered by a law enforcement agency or, if the course is taught by an instructor who is certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors or by the department, by a technical college, a college or a university, a private or public institution or organization, or a firearms training school.
    d. A firearms safety or training course that is offered to law enforcement officers or to owners and employees of licensed private detective and security agencies.
    e. A firearms safety or training course that is conducted by a firearms instructor who is certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors or who is certified by the department.
    2. Documentation that the individual completed military, law enforcement, or security training that gave the individual experience with firearms that is substantially equivalent to a course or program under subd. 1.
    3. A current or expired license, or a photocopy of a current or expired license, that the individual holds or has held that indicates that the individual is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or in another state or in a county or municipality of this state or of another state unless the license has been revoked for cause.
    4. Documentation of completion of small arms training while serving in the U.S. armed forces, reserves, or national guard as demonstrated by an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions or a certificate of completion of basic training with a service record of successful completion of small arms training and certification.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links