No Firearms Sign @ AMC Movie Theater

This is a discussion on No Firearms Sign @ AMC Movie Theater within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent an email to AMC theaters about their 'no firearms' sign at the door. I received a polite response stating that "For the safety ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: No Firearms Sign @ AMC Movie Theater

No Firearms Sign @ AMC Movie Theater

I sent an email to AMC theaters about their 'no firearms' sign at the door. I received a polite response stating that "For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels the best way to protect our guests and associates is to have a uniform, standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises, and to post such policy." and "Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we hope to see you at the movies."

Well, I replied that it's not illegal for permit-holders to carry in movie theaters in Louisiana, but I'd respect the policy and not bring my weapon, myself, or my family there unless this 'policy' would be revised. Just wanted to put this info out there.

Stay Safe.

2. Remove Ads

The last time that I went to a movie in a theater, John Travolta was disco dancing in a white suit. AMC can keep their policy without me. Netflix says I can watch with a gun on the table beside me.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I quit going to the movies when I couldn't sit in my car and watch it anymore.
    Good for you "hitman" you gave them the correct answer. If my gun is not welcome in your business, neither is my wallet.
    ZTF Hitman likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks OP for letting them know how you feel. Hopefully their common sense will tingle.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Thanks OP for letting them know how you feel. Hopefully their common sense will tingle.
    Thanks. That's what this site has shown me. To campaign, in a respectful manner, for 'our' cause.
    babyhulk and joker1 like this.

Since no-gun signs have no legal force in FL,I just carry (concealed of course) and ignore the sign.
    If it's a place I like to go to or shop at,I just do.
    Of course,there are not a lot of these places in FL that I have seen.
    However,I understand many people's feelings re boycotting such places.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I quit going to the movies when I couldn't sit in my car and watch it anymore.
    Good for you "hitman" you gave them the correct answer. If my gun is not welcome in your business, neither is my wallet.
    There is still 1 drive-in movie theatre in the St. Louis area. We try and frequent them once or twice a year. It's a marvelous experious that a lot of people have no idea they are even missing.

As for AMC, we have another chain in St. Louis, Wehrenberg Theatres and they are not posted. I hope they keep it that way. I have not been to an AMC in many years and if they are all posted, I will not be there ever again. Thank god and the 2nd amendment for other options.

Although I've not seen a sign in a FL theater, it still has no meaning to me...I'm armed the few times the wife and I go to a movie.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDX View Post
    There is still 1 drive-in movie theatre in the St. Louis area. We try and frequent them once or twice a year. It's a marvelous experious that a lot of people have no idea they are even missing.

As for AMC, we have another chain in St. Louis, Wehrenberg Theatres and they are not posted. I hope they keep it that way. I have not been to an AMC in many years and if they are all posted, I will not be there ever again. Thank god and the 2nd amendment for other options.
    Well we had a drive theatre that was one of the last one around here that was still running. But it burned down! But guess what there building a brand new one. :) oh yea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are AMCs in Arizona and when I lived there I was right down the street from one. But I would drive right passed it to go to Harkins like 5-10 minutes down the road because they don't post no firearms signs.

My local theater (not AMC) was the scene of a late night robbery of the manager as they closed up the place, twice within one month. You bet I'm armed when I go there now.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTF Hitman View Post
    I sent an email to AMC theaters about their 'no firearms' sign at the door. I received a polite response stating that "For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels the best way to protect our guests and associates is to have a uniform, standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises, and to post such policy." and "Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we hope to see you at the movies."
    Does a simple "no firearms" sign carry any weight in Louisiana? When I approach companies about their signage I try point it a few alternatives for them. For example, the common sign I see around here says something like "The unlicensed possession of a firearm on this premises is a felony..." I would usually try to steer the business owner towards this sign. To 99.99% of the general public it means the same thing as a "no guns" sign. So it makes the anti-gun crowd feel good, and keeps the CHL crowd happy too. It is a win-win sign. I also try to throw numbers at them, such as how many residents of my state have concealed handgun licenses, which shows how much potential business they are loosing. I also point out the statistics available on my state's website shows the percentages of crime perpetrated by those with and without CHL and clearly shows that CHL holders are not criminals and will not be a problem, rather an asset to their business.
    w provence and Freedom Doc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Does a simple "no firearms" sign carry any weight in Louisiana? When I approach companies about their signage I try point it a few alternatives for them. For example, the common sign I see around here says something like "The unlicensed possession of a firearm on this premises is a felony..." I would usually try to steer the business owner towards this sign. To 99.99% of the general public it means the same thing as a "no guns" sign. So it makes the anti-gun crowd feel good, and keeps the CHL crowd happy too. It is a win-win sign. I also try to throw numbers at them, such as how many residents of my state have concealed handgun licenses, which shows how much potential business they are loosing. I also point out the statistics available on my state's website shows the percentages of crime perpetrated by those with and without CHL and clearly shows that CHL holders are not criminals and will not be a problem, rather an asset to their business.
    The way that I look at it, and your opinion may vary; if a company says "no guns", regardless of the way that they say it, I get the message. I'm not going to nitpick legality with them. I'll just take my business (and my gun) elsewhere. Trying to argue with the 19 year old assistant manager trainee of a business is an exercise in futility.

The law here in NC says you can't carry in any place that charges admission.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    The law here in NC says you can't carry in any place that charges admission.
    That isn't on our CC list of 'rules'....I'm not quite sure about signs having any legal merit, though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links