XDM9 vs FNP9 vs SR9

This is a discussion on XDM9 vs FNP9 vs SR9 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all, ok here's my dilemma. I own an XDM45 and my brother has both the XDM9 and XDM40 which I've shot and loved. have ...

Thread: XDM9 vs FNP9 vs SR9

XDM9 vs FNP9 vs SR9

hello all,
    ok here's my dilemma. I own an XDM45 and my brother has both the XDM9 and XDM40 which I've shot and loved. have also shot glocks, M&Ps, Beretta M9s(yes I know completely different category) and sigs,

I prefere the XDMS trigger to the Sigs, and M&Ps
    I prefere the accuracy of the XDMs to the sigs
    I prefere the grips of the XDMs to the sigs, Berettas and glocks
    I'm just as accurate with the XDMs as the glocks and berettas.

that said, I am looking at getting either the new XDM5.25, an FNP-9 or an SR9.

now I am aware that the FNP is a hammer fired versus the SR9 and XDM are striker fired.
    I am also assuming that the XDM would be more accurate being a long slide

now my dilemma is that I dont want to be the kind of guys that play party politics("I only own glocks" or "M&Ps are garbage, you need all FNHs") so I am curious about branching out from springfields. so my main question is which is a better choice of the three?
    I'm also rattling around the idea of an SR1911 though I've had bad experiences with 1911s and I am leary of buying new models.

P.S I am also aware that the best course of action is to go rent one and shoot it and pick a favorite, i'm mainly just trying to build a consensus

2. Remove Ads

I believe I'll tell ya what most of the others will say as well. Choose the gun that you think feels the best to you, that's what matters to most. The better the fit/feel of the weapon the better you'll shoot and the more comfort you'll have doing that. I love my XD9 sub-compact it was the first semi-auto concealed pistol i ever bought, and am now looking awfully hard at the XDM's both 9 and 45. From what you mentioned about the likes you have for the Springfield I'd say go for that one. Good luck with choosing one but remember they're like chips ya can't stop at just one. Let us know what you decide on to.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    hello all,
    ok here's my dilemma. I own an XDM45 and my brother has both the XDM9 and XDM40 which I've shot and loved. have also shot glocks, M&Ps, Beretta M9s(yes I know completely different category) and sigs,

I prefere the XDMS trigger to the Sigs, and M&Ps
    I prefere the accuracy of the XDMs to the sigs
    I prefere the grips of the XDMs to the sigs, Berettas and glocks

I'm just as accurate with the XDMs as the glocks and berettas.

that said, I am looking at getting either the new XDM5.25, an FNP-9 or an SR9.

now I am aware that the FNP is a hammer fired versus the SR9 and XDM are striker fired.
    I am also assuming that the XDM would be more accurate being a long slide

now my dilemma is that I dont want to be the kind of guys that play party politics("I only own glocks" or "M&Ps are garbage, you need all FNHs") so I am curious about branching out from springfields. so my main question is which is a better choice of the three?
    I'm also rattling around the idea of an SR1911 though I've had bad experiences with 1911s and I am leary of buying new models.

P.S I am also aware that the best course of action is to go rent one and shoot it and pick a favorite, i'm mainly just trying to build a consensus
    I think you have made your choice. See the BOLD
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I think you have made your choice. See the BOLD
    I know lol, I'm just trying to justify it lol

Are you married, if not get another. If you are get another, but hide it lol...

Let me ask you a question, what do you train with? If its the springer, stay with a weapons system that manipulates like the springer or the springer itself. Be consistent with your carry guns. If your looking for fun guns, get them all. Why you ask, all guns are fun

not married, but I intend to open my own gun store when I get discharged so I'm budgeting myself to one concealed carry gun and one plinker gun, I'm floating around in a giant trash can right now so I'm going to get really rusty for a few months but I primarily shoot my XDM45, I'm looking for a nine because it is cheaper than 45 but still has use as a home defense weapon.

Stay with the springers. They are Really hard to beat. A gun sometimes is like a good women, why would you stray..

Be PC! Buy one of each. You can't go wrong.
    Semper Fi

I would wait on the new 5.25 until it has proven itself.
    So many times have i read on here lately where someone buys a new gun/model as soon as it is out, and ends up having to play beta tester, so to speak.
    Other wise, just go with what feels right for you, right down in your gut.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

The only thing new on the 5.25 is the slide and barrel length. It will work as well as any other XDm.

You've already decided on the XDM. Good idea! Consistency is a good idea when choosing carry and or home/ self defense weapons.

I'm a Glock guy and I shoot them all about the same. Transitioning from one to another is a breeze. It's what works for me.

It seems like you have found what works for you. I suggest you continue on that path. And enjoy your new XDM!!
    Question Everything!

Links