Should I risk it?

Should I risk it?

This is a discussion on Should I risk it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll be attending the Nascar race at Kentucky Speedway tomorrow.No firearms are allowed.However this has never stopped me before but I would hate to be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Should I risk it?

Should I risk it?

I'll be attending the Nascar race at Kentucky Speedway tomorrow.No firearms are allowed.However this has never stopped me before but I would hate to be denied entrance.My LCP is on loan to my brother,so the next smallest is my LC9.I'm going to pocket carry it in a pocket holster.I have been there several times just not the last few years.The last times there were Troopers everywhere.I don't remember a metal detector.I normally carry my Gen 4 G26 in a Crossbreed OWB but with bleachers I don't feel comfortable with 4 0'clock and in front is uncomfortable seated.n Kentucky the worst case scenario is they kick me out.I'll think I'll be okay.What do you guys think?

Administrator
    I would not if you want to see the race. This is a first time NASCAR event at this track, I'm sure things will be a little different this go around.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

No.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Assume you're going to get busted. How bad do you want to see the race? How upset are you going to be if you get tossed out and therefore will be out of X amount of dollars that the tickets cost, etc.

If it's not illegal, I would probably take a pocket gun, but I would not risk breaking the law.OMO
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    IMO, definately not worth the chance of losing your right to ever carry again, or own a firearm, for that matter. I wouldn't.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    IMO, definately not worth the chance of losing your right to ever carry again, or own a firearm, for that matter. I wouldn't.
    I wouldn't get in trouble.I,d just have to leave.I think I'm gonna try it.I'll post results.

Remember...

If you get caught, be polite, and compliant. DO NOT argue, or debate. Inquire if you may secure the weapon in your vehicle and return. If they say no, smile and go on home.

Oh yeah, no consuming any fermented liquids. May be legal where you are at, but not worth the potential hazards.
    cmycek likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Who are you going to need to shoot at a NSACAR event? If you're in a crowd, having a gun is not only against the law/rules, it's dangerous. Shooting into/near/through a crush of people isn't even sound self-defense. You'd better be sure it's only an "asked to leave" violation versus a trip to the the police station, fingerprints, photo, and loss of your carry privileges.

Some of you guys simply amaze me. Is it really about personal risk management for you, or just "Dagnabit, I'm gonna carry gun!"?
    JD and 9MMare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Who are you going to need to shoot at a NSACAR event? If you're in a crowd, having a gun is not only against the law/rules, it's dangerous. Shooting into/near/through a crush of people isn't even sound self-defense. You'd better be sure it's only an "asked to leave" violation versus a trip to the the police station, fingerprints, photo, and loss of your carry privileges.

Some of you guys simply amaze me. Is it really about personal risk management for you, or just "Dagnabit, I'm gonna carry gun!"?
    Who? - Let you know if it happens.

Against the law? - Are you in the same state as the OP, or in the state where the NASCAR event that the OP is attending? Every state is different regarding firearms and public events. NASCAR is not a Federal game, ergo it is up to the state they are in.

Shooting in a crowd - Yup I agree with you there, except for the fact that he is not walking out the door of his house into the bleachers. Road time, way-points, large parking lot...BGs with an agenda do not give a hoot where you are. Which brings up...again, "Where is this particular NASCAR event being held?"

Asked to leave - Covered that, which also means you don't know that it is against the law to carry at a NASCAR event, you are just tossing that out there.

"Dagnabit, I'm gonna carry gun!" - For the same reason I keep several fire extinguishers around the house and garage, wear my seatbelt when driving, even if I am the only vehicle on the road for hundreds of miles, never leave the house with the oven or crock pot on, and always lock my doors (vehicle, home, garage) when I am not present.

I get the personal risk assessment, but I don't think you fully grasp it. Heck, I am still at a loss as to why you have a CC let alone ever carry given your harsh posts on the matter every time this subject comes up. It would seem that you have a completely sterile environment, and structure your life around never being in a position anywhere that your life may be placed in danger by another with intent to do you harm. The only thing that comes to mind is a secured compound, or you live at the Pentagon.

You are not the one posting the question, don't criticize them for wanting to carry.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

No, why risk losing the privilege of being able to carry.
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

Why don't you simply carry an alternative? There are plenty of non lethal tools out there. Pepper spray, a folding knife, a kubaton, or even a simple pen in your pocket can be an effective self defense weapon. There's no need to take the chance of not being able to go see the race. I know I'd be mad at myself if I tried it, got caught, and ended up sitting in my car waiting for the people I was with, to watch the race and then go home.
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Who? - Let you know if it happens.

Against the law? - Are you in the same state as the OP, or in the state where the NASCAR event that the OP is attending? Every state is different regarding firearms and public events. NASCAR is not a Federal game, ergo it is up to the state they are in.

Shooting in a crowd - Yup I agree with you there, except for the fact that he is not walking out the door of his house into the bleachers. Road time, way-points, large parking lot...BGs with an agenda do not give a hoot where you are. Which brings up...again, "Where is this particular NASCAR event being held?"

Asked to leave - Covered that, which also means you don't know that it is against the law to carry at a NASCAR event, you are just tossing that out there.

"Dagnabit, I'm gonna carry gun!" - For the same reason I keep several fire extinguishers around the house and garage, wear my seatbelt when driving, even if I am the only vehicle on the road for hundreds of miles, never leave the house with the oven or crock pot on, and always lock my doors (vehicle, home, garage) when I am not present.

I get the personal risk assessment, but I don't think you fully grasp it. Heck, I am still at a loss as to why you have a CC let alone ever carry given your harsh posts on the matter every time this subject comes up. It would seem that you have a completely sterile environment, and structure your life around never being in a position anywhere that your life may be placed in danger by another with intent to do you harm. The only thing that comes to mind is a secured compound, or you live at the Pentagon.

You are not the one posting the question, don't criticize them for wanting to carry.
    Sorry I don't fit your stereotype.

I do not claim to know the law in the state he plans to do this. That's why my comments suggest he "make sure". IANAL.

...and you can leave that hackneyed old fire extinguisher analogy at the door. Your fire extinguisher doesn't have the potential to get you charged with a felony, nor is it likely to kill a bystander.

As far as the road trip and parking lot - the OP said he was looking to take his handgun into the venue, hence, irrelevant.

If all you are looking for is cheerleader posts just say so. However, the OP's title was "Should I risk it"? You know how I feel.

BTW, I don't live at the Pentagon, but I did work there in a previous life. Historical statistics show I had more exposure to mayhem there than where I live now.
    9MMare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    No, why risk losing the privilege of being able to carry.
    Read the post!I'm not an idiot.I wouldn't take that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post

I take it you didn't get any last night.I won't need it inside the venue,but it's a long back to the car around midnight and when you're alone with a good looking chick,drunks tend to hate on you(the ones who don't have one).I'm not a pansy.I'm physically fit and have dabbled in MMA for a while now.It's an issue of feeling like you're missing something.I'll be more comfortable with one.I know I won't need it. that's not the only issue for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links