Have you noticed?

Have you noticed?

This is a discussion on Have you noticed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That the cities with the strictest gun enforcement have the worst crime? I'm sure no one is shocked but I have now been in two ...

Thread: Have you noticed?

Distinguished Member

Have you noticed?

That the cities with the strictest gun enforcement have the worst crime? I'm sure no one is shocked but I have now been in two major cities with strict gun control in the past month and I can tell you I was flat creeped out. Staying in a hotel near LAX. Stopped at a fast food restaurant just a block from my hotel. Parked the car, looked around, spidey senses were spiking. Went first into the restroom. Filthy and lots of gang graffiti. Changed my mind and went directly to the car. Lots of homies gathered in the lot with nothin' to do. I had zero, zip, nada self defense. Even the knife lengths were made for Lilliputians. I hate these cities. Really, I do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I could respond identically about NYC... a little cleaner than it was 10 years ago, but no less scary or threatening. Forget about carrying adequate defensive tools there.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Good cities to stay away from.... by the way, I lived directly between you guys in Casa Grande from 1999 to 2008. and grew up in Arizona. Great state!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Another reason I am glad to live in AZ(I will be back after the Army)
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

They think that by making it harder to get a handgun the murder/Violent crime will drop,all it does is put people at the mercy of criminals who will weither use physical force,or some other weapon to rob and beat defenseless victims
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I used to live in california, were just about no one could get a ccw permit, and not a day went by when any kind of crime you could imagine was happening on a daily basis. I now live in Idaho were just about anyone can get a ccw permit, and because of this there is little to no crime here. It just proves that when you take away the ability for people to defend or protect them selfs, crime goes up and the criminal element runs wild.

Not coincidentally, these are also the municipalities with the fastest shrinking tax bases, the highest percentage of welfare recipients, the most abandoned homes, the fewest proprietary businesses (maybe not in NY), the most gang activity, and the most onerous and numerous laws and regulations. Thank the years of Liberal leadership for ruining their cities.

My grandparents live in a small town in western Pennsylvania. It's assumed that everyone has at least one gun just because hunting is so big in the area. I can't think of a single person that actually locks their doors.

This isn't quite true. Looking at the last stats I could find (2009), five of the top ten worst cities for violent crime were in states with stiff gun control, but the first, Oakland, doesn't come in until fourth. Of the top twenty, 14 are in gun friendly states. Furthermore, the big three come in fairly low; Chicago doesn't come in until 14th, Los Angeles at 45th, and New York City 54th. This isn't to argue the anti-gun side (of the twenty safest places, 14 were in gun friendly states, including the top three), but it shows that violent crime can't be boiled down to guns or no guns. It's much too complicated for that kind of simplistic thinking.

In my city, the penalities for having an illegal gun are almost non existent. Getting caught with a loaded pistol is a simple misdemeanor that will rarely result in more than a tiny fine. If that. Our violent crime is out of control. The turds know that if they get caught with a gun its not really a bigger deal than a speeding ticket. It's a shame. There really needs to be more focus on the penalties for breaking the law, rather than what those laws actually are. We all know that the law breakers will always be breaking the law, regardless of what the law might be.

I live in north Idaho, I'm stationed in Virginia and I'm deployed to the middle east. on my way over here we stopped of a a few european ports and the most disgusting crime I've ever seen was in a country where it is illegal to own a firearm. Virginia is one of the worst freaking commonwealth POS states I've ever been to and I feel like I need a gun to take 2 steps off base(liberal gun laws). Idaho onthe other hand, I know at least 85% of my friends and family own at least 1 gun and I have never seen a road, street, or back alley that I've every gotten goosebumps walking or driving down. the reason for this is almost all guns used in (premeditated) violent crime are obtained illegally so by taking away the rights of people law abiding citizens you are quite literally taking the right to protect out of the hands of the people and handing the criminals the right to rob, assault, murder, extort and rape their way through the USA. GOD BLESS YOU LIBERAL LEADERS AND ALL YOUR WISDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    This isn't to argue the anti-gun side (of the twenty safest places, 14 were in gun friendly states, including the top three), but it shows that violent crime can't be boiled down to guns or no guns. It's much too complicated for that kind of simplistic thinking.
    Can't argue that. Arizona is a 5 star state where guns are concerned, however, in places like Phoenix crime is overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    ... Virginia is one of the worst freaking commonwealth POS states I've ever been to and I feel like I need a gun to take 2 steps off base(liberal gun laws)...
    Wow
    Which base were you at? I've lived here 40+ years and sure we have areas that are bad (as does every place) but ^^^ really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    Wow
    Which base were you at? I've lived here 40+ years and sure we have areas that are bad (as does every place) but ^^^ really?
    Newport News and Norfolk mostly, in my 2 years there my ship had over 5 muggings, our duty van was shot at on multiple occasions and the week before I reported on board we had one sailor shot in the street

Newport News,... yep I see what you're saying. Lived there for 3 years myself (it is scary)
    Near the base in Norfolk and towards ODU are hell too.

I withdraw my objection. :)

Sponsored Links